Notices

Wednesdays are Hard

Old 02-27-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wednesdays are Hard

Every Wednesday, my family leaves for a few hours in the evening. I normally go straight to the gas station when they leave and get a bottle (or two) of wine and drink it all within an hour or so.
Today is day one for me. I almost gave in and went to the gas station ten minutes ago. Instead, here I am. I'm so incredibly proud of myself, bc I literally had myself talked into going to the store, but something in me said "nope, not gonna happen." Thank God.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm glad you decided to not drink Jen. Maybe a hot bath, watch tv or read a book.....relax till your family returns home to the sober you
Old 02-27-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go to resist the urge! I'm on day two and every inch of my body is telling me to run to the store too. But I haven't yet. Just keep reading the boards or try to find a meeting or something to go to. Good luck..
Old 02-27-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey hon. Glad you posted instead of getting that drink. I know the urge is strong, but just wait it out. Do something else. And you did, by posting on here! I'm proud of you for doing this. You will always be glad you did!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hear ya! Cravings are especially hard on "hump" day for me. Good job on not grabbing the wine... we have to remind ourselves of how ****** (guilty, hungover, remorseful, irritable) we will feel on Thursday!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. I really appriciate your kind words
Old 02-27-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job not heading to the store! My son goes to his father's house on Wednesdays so this day is hard for me as well. Wednesday was the start of the train wreck I'd create by the time Saturday rolled around and he came back to my house. Wednesdays have become easier for me as had a number of them pass without drinking. I think it is important that you are acknowledging that these are hard days of the week for you; it is something that we can all relate to on a variety of levels. You are not alone!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Smile Good for you

That's great, and recognizing that that is a tough day for you is a step ahead to. And every Wednesday you don't go in and get that bottle, you will get a little more of the pride back, and your family to when they come home to you the same as when they left. Great for you