Notices

Approaching 5PM....starting to crave

Old 02-27-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Approaching 5PM....starting to crave

I'm on day 2. I made it all day, so glad I didn't drink yesterday, not even wanting to drink....until now. This is what happens everytime I try to quit drinking. I get a few days sober, and I start finding excuses to drink. This time of day is when it always starts - to relax and relieve the stress. I had a hard time sleeping last night and I know it's going to be hard again tonight. It's miserable lying in bed wanting so bad to go to the store. It's amazing how all the terrible times and regrets leave me when these cravings hit. All I can think about is how nice a drink would be right now.

Im going to a meeting in about an hour, maybe that will help.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm going to the meeting tonight too .... it's helped me for almost 24 yrs.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 02-27-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Meeting will surely help. Anything else to break up your routine too - a different route home, go for a walk, etc.. Try a bubbly non-alcoholic drink ( mineral water, soda, etc.. ). But overall, just remember how much you will regret drinking and how crappy you will feel - it's not worth it.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good job on two days. Hope you made it to your meeting. Those always help for me. I'm thinking about going to one tomrrow because I'm craving like crazy right now too. I'm sooo anxious and stressed. Trying to cope without... but it's so easy to "solve" the stress with booze. Twenty-five days today. Just another week and I'll get my chip, and feel that much stronger. Keep on Keeping-on. And thanks for sharing.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

This technique really helped me mirage74:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

D
Old 02-27-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for replying. I made it to the meeting. I've been to many meetings, some are good, some are bad. This one wasn't so great. I want to go in there and tell everyone how I'm feeling, but I can't make myself do it. Fear of public speaking, I think. It's going to be a long night ahead....
Old 02-27-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day two, Mirage!
I know how you feel about just laying there trying to resist the urge to drink. I get mad at myself (and anyone else around) if I'm forcing myself not to drink.
Being on SR is helping me tonight and today, I was a house cleaning fool; that helped me stay away from the store/gas station. I'm trying to find a hobby that I can spend my free time doing. Something that I will enjoy doing.
Great job on two days.