Notices

I will not engage!!

Old 02-22-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I will not engage!!

Does my behavior reflect what I consider to be my good values?..........

Am I loving, kind, patient and compassionate......

Am I honest, selfless and non confrontational..

Do I excercise forgiveness and stay out of being judgemental.....

Do I stay away from gossip?........

These are things I want to strive for daily.......

Sometimes I really am dissappointed in myself because my behavior does not always line up with my values.......

Someone tried to steal my peace the other day, I could sit and defend myself but why? They just aren't that important to me....

If I have to defend myself with someone who is online on the other side of the world then that would mean I have pretty low self esteem ...

When they are antagonizing me or anyone else they are just giving thier peace away to someone on the other side of the world. Same goes for me . It's foolish .

It says a lot about us. About our character, in fact it speaks volumes ..

It reveals our own insecurities...

I have boundaries because some individuals are just not healthy for me to be around........

Some people are not all about Unity but dissension . Even in AA ...

My sponsor told me that everyone who comes into my life is there for a lesson or a blessing. I am still trying to figure this one out.I certainly did not learn anything positive from this person ....

Maybe it is a lesson in patience , acceptance and tolerance.......

I am pretty aware of when I am not living in God's will. Mainly because I don't have any serenity during those moments......

I say those moments because I don't enjoy staying in my will for very long because I am pretty miserable. I don't let it run into hours or days.......

My will would be reacting without thinking, shooting off my tongue not thinking of the consequences . You can do a lot of damage with your tongue . Do I have the technique mastered? Nope, but I sure am getting better at it ...

I try not to stay stuck on stupid for to long ...

Whenever I feel unconfortable period, I stop what I am doing and rethink my behavior, is it God's Will?

It goes back to my values.

So I prayed for this person, it may not change their heart but it changed mine ...

I work the steps with my sponsor.....

See today I have a spiritual guage which God instilled in me when I became willing to commit to him and serve him with all my heart........

With this awareness I get better day by day at acceptance and letting things go.......

I love my peace and serenity and I am not willing to give it up easily........

I don't have to allow anyone in my life if it is messing with my serenity or my sobriety, I don't have to do anything at all. I just choose not to participate, I stick to my own personal convictions....

I will not engage in controversy to be right. That is my will not God's. I will not correct you even if I think you are dead wrong.............

And frankly what you think really does not effect my life in any way, unless it is positive...

I try to only share something with you if I think it will build you up...

I don't need anyone's approval. I look to God for my approval and I know when I have it because that is when my heart and my consciense is light and free and I am serene.......

God has given me the ability to see the positive in most everything I go through........

So today Because of that spiritual guage I absolutely know when I am in God's will and when I am in my own.

He has given me actual physical warning signs when I am to tame my self will...
Cuz how do we feel when we are angry, or impatient, guilty or intolerant? We feel it deep inside, in our gut, it is an uncomfortable feeling...

That is self will...

It's pretty cool when you become aware of that...

I'm so dizzy my head is spinning! Anyone remember that song?
Old 02-22-2013, 11:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes, i remember the song. "Dizzy," by Tommy Roe. About 1968!
Old 02-22-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great post Deeker I have never gained anything by shooting my mouth off x
Old 02-22-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

yep

Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
Great post Deeker I have never gained anything by shooting my mouth off x
Yep when I engage I just give myself a reason to want to drink. Nope ain't gonna do it.