Notices

feel horrible depressed and used

Old 02-17-2013, 05:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down feel horrible depressed and used

iam hating life right now, so desspresed want to go to a meeting but cant. why? bacause me husband wont let me even tho he dosent know iam using but deep down i think he dose. i just want to be over this stuff so ready to move on and not have somthing controling my life. how do i do that. i came to figure out that once i get a using thought i dont have to go out and use right then but after a couple of days i end up using but why i dont understand iam reading all the book and praying alot i know my tools. but just dont know how to get the thought out of my head
Old 02-17-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Why won't he let you? Can you stay somewhere else for a while so you can get sober?
Old 02-17-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by elihoping View Post
Why won't he let you? Can you stay somewhere else for a while so you can get sober?
he wont let me go cause when i was in a womens drug class i met a girl and used with her
Old 02-17-2013, 05:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

:)

Originally Posted by Aphoenix View Post
iam hating life right now, so desspresed want to go to a meeting but cant. why? bacause me husband wont let me even tho he dosent know iam using but deep down i think he dose. i just want to be over this stuff so ready to move on and not have somthing controling my life. how do i do that. i came to figure out that once i get a using thought i dont have to go out and use right then but after a couple of days i end up using but why i dont understand iam reading all the book and praying alot i know my tools. but just dont know how to get the thought out of my head

Pray to have God remove it. Can't hurt!
Old 02-17-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Aphoenix,

Hang in there! Have you thought about counseling? That may help you to identify where the thoughts are coming from and maybe come up with some strategies to address the root causes. Plus, if your husband is worried about who you might interact with in a meeting, going to counseling could put him at ease because it's typically in a safe, structured, one-on-one type of setting.

On a side note, I'm catching a hint that something is off about your relationship with your husband, but I don't want to pry unless you feel comfortable sharing.

Stay strong!
Old 02-17-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

I used to keep the battles going in my head. Now, I just start writing or talking about it. Even if I am writing down my thoughts on the debate, it is harder for me to convince my self to use once I see it in writing. I particularly like writing down a benefits and costs list. Each time I do it, the costs become clearer and more profound, but it has to be active. Make a new list every time, reading an old list never helped me. That is how I get the debate out of my head.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome aphoenix

I think you need to let your husband now how important you feel it is for you to attend meetings etc.

would he respond to discussion?

D
Old 02-17-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

yes he will listen and help in anyway but he just dosent trust me i guess but i feel its only hurting me
Old 02-17-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

what do you mean somthings off
Old 02-17-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I dislike the idea of one partner forbidding another to do anything...but are there open meetings you could both go to for a while, for example, perhaps?

D
Old 02-17-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aphoenix View Post
what do you mean somthings off
I had the impression that you and your husband might be having relationship difficulties if he was refusing to let you go to meetings. It was just an observation; like I said, I'm certainly not trying to pry.

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

How about an online meeting?

That way you could stay home but still participate w/o the risk of relapsing.

I hope you can come to some compromise to get the help you need.

God Bless you.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AM9610 View Post
Hi Aphoenix,

Hang in there! Have you thought about counseling? That may help you to identify where the thoughts are coming from and maybe come up with some strategies to address the root causes. Plus, if your husband is worried about who you might interact with in a meeting, going to counseling could put him at ease because it's typically in a safe, structured, one-on-one type of setting.

On a side note, I'm catching a hint that something is off about your relationship with your husband, but I don't want to pry unless you feel comfortable sharing.

Stay strong!
I go to counseling now
Old 02-17-2013, 09:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi, I remember those thoughts popping into my head to use again.
I decided enough was enough & I needed support to so I rung my local hospital & checked myself into a weekly rehab programme where I was given counselling. They also bought in a nutritionist.
Best thing I ever did.
If this was available to you & in a hospital setting, would your partner let you go then. Do you have anything like this available in your area?
This is about you, if you want to stop using, you have the power to do something about it.