Notices

Back again after a while

Old 02-16-2013, 01:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back again after a while

Hi everyone,
Im sure mst of you wont remember me because it was a while ago. I used to drink everyday but then was going alright for a while. Then i would drink some one weekend. im still the same. Dont drink on weekdays really but as soon as the weekend rolls around i drink too much. and its really weighing on me. Its gotten to a point where i feel its a problem. my weekends usually consist of feeling guilty about wasting my 2 days off feeling like crap promising next weekend it will be differnt. but like tonight, it wasnt.

i fooled myself into thinking becuase now i only drink on weekends and not on weekdays i dont have a problem but i am sadly mistaken. but at the same time get really anxious about giving it up. i know i have done it before and i can do it again, but i need some support.

i dont know what goes though my head sometimes. i conivince myself its alright that i dont drink everyday anymore, but deep down i know im fooling myself. sigh.

so hello again SR.

Nilla
Old 02-16-2013, 01:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi again Vanilla

I know that feeling of fooling myself. We now when somethings right and when it's
not, or when it's healthy or not.

I know from experience that ignoring the problem will just dig you a deeper hole - things can turn bad and get out of control very swiftly.

You already know there's a ton of support here - why not use it?

D
Old 02-16-2013, 02:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
instant

Hey Nilla great you are back. We are all learning, that's the way it is. I found it better just to give up completely- makes life easier.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi again, Vanillia, I am quite sure that I remember you. Nice to hear from you again, and very nice to hear you sound so determined. I found Step 1 both the most difficult one to fully accept, and the most important one--also the most important one to always keep in mind as I worked on recovery. I should say, work on recovery, as I think that it is an ongoing process, not something that anyone ever graduates from, and then forgets, which is fine by me, as
I find leading a more rational life to be rewarding in and of itself. Nice to hear from you, and best of luck, rick
Old 02-16-2013, 02:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back!
Old 02-16-2013, 03:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you're back and trying again.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Nilla. Glad you came back again.

I had a very hard time admitting I needed to let go of it all together. I never imagined my life without it - but then I realized it was never fun anymore. Each time I picked up, unpredictable things happened. It took some adjusting, but in the end I was so relieved to be free of it - and all the pain it had brought me.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the responses. It's a rare beautiful springlike day outside and I'm holed up in my room with a pretty bad hangover and a heavy heart of guilt. But today is a new day and Its supposed to be nice out again tomorrow so that is giving me something to work towards.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vanilla28 View Post
Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the responses. It's a rare beautiful springlike day outside and I'm holed up in my room with a pretty bad hangover and a heavy heart of guilt. But today is a new day and Its supposed to be nice out again tomorrow so that is giving me something to work towards.
It was a nice sunny day here in my part of South-Western Ontario.

I'm heading off to my home group meeting in the morning... care to join me?

All the best.

Bob R
Old 02-16-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well I live in BC, but thanks for the offer! Lol
Old 02-16-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I live in BC too welcome back