Notices

In God's Care 2/08/2013

Old 02-07-2013, 11:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Arrow In God's Care 2/08/2013

Time is a dressmaker specializing in alterations. ~ Faith Baldwin

Everything is in a constant state of change. It's easy to see this in the living things around us, which perpetually grow and die, making room for new life. And we are also changing every moment: We form new opinions; expand our knowledge base; discard troublesome behaviors and develop new, more effective ones.

Many of the changes we need to make won't happen automatically. We're fortunate to have the program to guide us in making the changes that will enhance our spiritual growth today.

When we do our 4th step inventory, we open the door to making changes in our life. By continuing to work our program through taking daily inventory and maintaining contact with our Higher Power, we come to enjoy changes as an opportunity for renewal.

Today I will notice how I'm changing adn growing, becoming who I want to be in God.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Great read yet again. My opinions and behaviors, the bad ones at least, were so engrained in my routine that nothing was going to happen without God leading the way. When I was first introduced to the program years ago, I was there to maybe figure out this whole drinking problem. That was the focus, I was so stuck in my own head that I completely missed the whole point, the spiritual side. I really didn't know, for me at least, that God was putting this program in my life, planting the seed ever so slightly, to gain a relationship with Him. Like many others, I came to AA to stop drinking, but I am developing a better relationship with God than I have ever had in my life.