Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Hazelden's email today.. Beautiful..

Today's Gift - 02/07/2013
Inbox
x
[email protected]

2:54 AM (20 hours ago)

to me
Images are not displayed. Display images below - Always display images from [email protected]

Today's thought from Hazelden is:

In music, in the sea, in a flower, in a leaf, in an act of kindness... I see what people call God in all these things.
--Pablo Casals

The Third Step refers to "God as we understood Him." The pathways to meeting our Higher Power and to our spiritual awakening are all around. Every tree and every leaf on every tree, as it rustles in the wind, expresses God in our lives. When the little bird flies overhead or when it comes to visit the feeder, we are being visited by a spirit. When the sky boils with a storm, when lightning and thunder crash, we are witness to power greater than ourselves with a history beyond the centuries. The beautiful works of art created by our fellow human travelers on this journey through life are expressions of their courage to reach out and create something. A line of music moves us and we feel the spirit.

A child makes a drawing and gives it away. A neighbor helps you start your car. You treat the clerk at the checkout counter like a real person. Whatever word we use for God, if we decide to be open and receptive, we find God in the little details of our lives. Spiritual awakening is a wonderful daily occurrence.

God, open my senses to take in your presence more fully.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Awesome. Needed to read that. Thanks
Old 02-08-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks. That is great!
Makes me think of the countless ways God speaks to me. I hear a lot of folks say that "God speaks to me through people." I believe that whole-heartedly, but it cant be limited to that IMO. God speaks to us in so many ways music, nature, literature, art, prayer and meditation, animals etc.

Good stuff!