Notices

What Next

Old 02-07-2013, 05:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What Next

Should you let recovery take over your life like Alcohol did.I mean should I think about recovery all the time,like its the only thing going in my life.Because I only ever drink on the weekend.I dont think about beer thur week.Can you have a weekend only Recovery.I guess thats what i want to know?
Old 02-07-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Early recovery IMO is a mind body and soul effort. Alcohol is cunning baffling and powerful. If you let you gaurd down durring the week Alcohol will spot the weakness and take advantage.

I still do not under estimate my foe and work on a daily basis to maintain my sobriety because I never know when that moment of weakness will occur
Old 02-07-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I strive for balance. Recovery is not the only thing my life is about. I do put it first though. Because I wouldn't have the other aspects of my life that I love without it.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

You have twenty years of drinking to overcome. If you have to focus on recovery daily, to get better that's what you do. I don't think part-time recovery works.

It gets better. With two years sober, recovery is ingrained in my daily life to where I don't feel detracts from life.

Stay sober, you'll experience it too.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I probably think about recovery every waking hour and I am glad of it.

It keeps me honest about the life destroying addiction to alcohol I have.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have adopted a new way of life. The quality of that life is contingent on my staying recovered. A loss of sobriety would mean a loss of pretty much everything that matters to me. The actions I practice in this new way of life assure that I stay sober, but its not like I spend every waking hour thinking "i must do this to stay sober, then I will go do that so I stay sober. I need to avoid that so I stay sober etc." The actions I take as part of the new way of life allow me to live life the way I am meant to. I serve a purpose. I enjoy several hobbies. I have healthy relationships. I work hard. I play hard.
For me staying sober is a bi-product of living this new way of life. The way of living is a priority, something I have to remain focused on. Recovery comes along with it.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

For me, it's all about balance, every day.