Arrow Touchstones 2/07/2013

Thursday, February 7, 2013
You are reading from the book Touchstones

We cannot merely pray to You, 0 God, to end war;
For we know that You have made the world in a way
That man must find his own path to peace
Within himself and with his neighbor.
—Jack Riemer

Our conscious contact with God can be called prayer. There are many forms of prayer for a man in this program. For some of us it may take the form of talking to God; for others it may be silent meditation, observing nature, listening to music, or writing in a journal.

We have experienced the healing effect of this relationship. It has allowed us to move out of our willfulness. But we need to take action where we can make a difference. We cannot blame God for every bad thing that happens - or simply wait for God to provide all the good we want. Do we see the power we do have to influence our lives? Can we give up our resentments against God for bad things that have happened?

I am grateful for what God has given me and more aware of what I can do.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Finding peace with others well I will tell you that is exactly where I am at tonight. I have been letting a very noisy disrespectful neighbor eat my lunch so to speak. I even went as far as go but a tape recorder today so I can record all the noise he makes.
I have been praying, venting, and writing about it and I can not find any peace with it what-so -ever.
Just needed to share all of that because as I write this he is over their banging around again.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

I have been seeking a way to deepen my prayer life lately, to try and find another level of communion with God and journaling has been helpful in that. Yes, I can't just sit there and expect God to give me what I want and need at the drop of a hat. I need to move my feet, get active and do work. The outcomes aren't mine to behold. In having a deeper conversation and conscious contact with God, I am slowly finding that I am finding new serenity and contentment. I am getting a little bit closer to him, and learning more about myself.

Newby - sorry to hear about your neighbour! Yikes. There is life giving you a test, yes? There's a chance for action, I can see. I hope whatever you choose to do helps to ease the problem. It's your lunch - tell him to get his own.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Well said, Paul.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

I'll stop being goofy for a minute. My prayer life is a million times better than it was before, because I simply didn't pray. It's even better than when I first started praying, I would say, because I consciously try to not pray for selfish means. I simply pray for guidance in the right thing to do today and to let Him show me the right path to take, more or less. I don't use God so much as a genie anymore, because that simply didn't work, but that would be nice...
Old 02-07-2013, 11:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

I know I have to do the walking , but when I look back there are only one of footprints..
Old 02-07-2013, 11:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Paul lol I think he is greedy and wants both lunches. God must be laughing tonight because I have been up and down for over 3 hours trying to record this noise and it seems like just when I hit record he stops. So this may take awhile..
Old 02-07-2013, 11:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

LOL sorry newby to laugh so hard, but thank you.. LOL...