Notices

Daily Reflections for 2/6/2013

Old 02-06-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Daily Reflections for 2/6/2013

*~*~*~*~*^DailyReflections^*~*~*~*~*

A RALLYING POINT

Therefore, Step Two is the rallying point for all of us. "Whether agnostic, atheist, or former believer, we can stand together on this Step.

TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 33

I feel that A.A. is a God-inspired program and that God is at every A.A. meeting. I see, believe, and have come to know that A.A. works, because I have stayed sober today. I am turning my life over to A.A. and to God by going to an A.A. meeting. If God is in my heart and everyone else's, then I am a small part of a whole and I am not unique. If God is in my heart and He speaks to me through other people, then I must be a channel of God to other people. I should seek to do His will by living spiritual principles and my reward will be sanity and emotional sobriety.

Copyright 1990 ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

God works through people, I am convinced. So it's important that I attend meetings and share my experience and talk to the newcomer. Something that I say that I may feel in inconsequential might plant a seed in someone else. I know that happened to me when I first started my journey in AA.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

If God is in my heart and everyone else's, then I am a small part of a whole and I am not unique.

I truly love and am so grateful to just be a sliver , but still a part of it all..
Old 02-06-2013, 03:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Went to a meeting yesterday with high expectations there were only 3 of us one had cancelled. A visitor of more than 20 years sobriety whom I was looking forward to meet dashed those high expectations. As I was becoming more and more repelled by this character I kept trying to think why God wanted me to be here. I seriously couldn't find the answer, I wanted to get up from the table and say to him, I don't want what you have and leave.
I don't get to many meetings and I am not going to ny meeting he is attending. I was hoping he would be willing to facilitate our step meetings but when I approached him about it he didn't seem to think it worthy of discussion and said you can do the 12 steps in one day, Bill did it and went on to talk about his travels and what he is doing for AA and spreading the word. I was appalled and thought if this guy had 12 stepped me I would certainly not be in this program.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Great perspective.