Notices

In God's Care 2/06/2013

Old 02-05-2013, 11:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Arrow In God's Care 2/06/2013

Love doesn't grow on trees like apples in Eden ~ it's something you have to make. ~Joyce Carey

There probably aren't many of us who feel we're loved enough. The paradox is that looking for love is not the way to find it. Abundant love will find us when we make the decision to attentively and unconditionally give it to all the people God has invited to share our life.

Our primary purpose today is to know and give love . Most of us turned to alcohol and other drugs in part because we felt unloved, unworthy,without purpose. This new life we've been graced with - a life filled with opportunities to experience positive ways of thinking, meaningful endeavores, and a family of loving friends - hasn't come to us accidentally or coincidentally. It has been God's will throughout our life that we know love, and be able to openly and freely offer it to others.

God is the caring guide who will help me know love as a result of my willingness to love.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HappyDestiny3 View Post
Love doesn't grow on trees like apples in Eden ~ it's something you have to make. ~Joyce Carey

There probably aren't many of us who feel we're loved enough.
I'm glad to say that among the myriad problems that I face in my life, that is not one of them. I am fortunate enough to be blessed with parents, a sister and a best friend who all love me more than I could ask.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Welcome Thaddeus! Glad to have you here

Great reading - I too felt unworthy of love, and of course, that is how I treated others. I had to ask myself on occasion if I truly knew what love was? I couldn't access that part of me, as it was clouded with alcohol and self-pity. My heart was bound up with untreated alcoholism and I was suffering more and more as I withdrew from life and others. Today, being open to the love of others, and giving it, it's a whole new way of looking at life. I am no longer wound up in me, but look to others to share love. And in the giving, I am also receiving.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Heyy Thaddeus, welcome aboard!

Can't force yourself to "feel" love. It only comes like many other things worthwhile in life, when you give freely of yourself unconditionally and without negative motive. Awesome read.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Thaddeus

I related a lot to this reading. I used to believe I drank because I had a lot of these issues. I was adopted when I was 1 years old, and before that my biological mother left me in the hospital and never came back so they put me in a foster home. Then when I went to college and took developmental psych and learned about how messed up a person can become from lack of love before 1 yrs old that became one of my strongest excuses to keep drinking.
Today the love I get is from HP and myself, as well as my Dad and others. Once I got sober and HP began to fill that hole that was more love than I could of ever imagined!
Wow must be way to early as I am writing to many secrets lol. Have a great day.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Thanks for sharing that newby.. :ghug3 and you know your so loved today..

Thaddeus... Great to have you among the crew..