Notices

In God's Care 2/05/13

Old 02-04-2013, 11:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Arrow In God's Care 2/05/13

It is not true that life is one damn thing after another ~ it is one damn thing over and over. ~ Enda St. Vincent Millay

If there's one thing you can say for addicted people, it's that we're hardheaded. It takes a long time to be convinced that something is bad for us, particulary if it feels good momentarily. It's also hard to convince us that something is good for us, even when we desperatley want to stop feeling bad. As a result , we've spent much our life doing things over and over ~ spinning our wheels.

Luckily , there's a cure for this. It's called turning it over. We quit trying to figure out what is good or bad for us, or even what is in our best intrest. We know that , on our own , there's no sure way we can tell. Instead , we ask a higher authority to handle it for us. That authority is God.

Instead of continually trying to control my life, I'll continually turn it over to the care of God.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Hard headed well I would say I resemble that comment. Lol. My sponsor used to say that there were claw marks in everything she tried to let go of. I also relate to that to, maybe not the small stuff but for sure the big stuff.
Thanks for the reading.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

I'm still hard headed at times! At times I have to have that pause before I say something or think something that would go against what is best. Ego still wants to run the show. When I willingly (or not so willingly!) relent to God's will, I know I don't need to struggle with my ego or anything any more. It will all turn out.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Such simple concepts have the biggest potential impact on my life. I try to intellectualize this process, too, as someone else mentioned on another thread lately. It doesn't work that way. I must have faith that God will take care of it. He has never given me any reason to think He won't.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Great post guys.. ty..