He wont leave!

Old 02-04-2013, 09:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He wont leave!

I want him out, but he won't leave. Says it's his house too. Last night, I had to call the police because he was walking around the house with a box cutter and a bottle of vodka, and incinuating that he was going to off himself. The cops asked him where the box cutter was, and he lied about that. We eventually found it in his car with the bottle of vodka because he was going to take off and supposedly "do something"...
When everything calmed down (midnight), he went into his "bedroom" and I went into "mine"...at about 3:30 he had the nerve to come into my bed and say "he is not comfortable in the other bed". I got up and then slept on the couch. This morning I left the house while he was crying hysterically in the bedroom. He is trying to guilt me, and it is making me very confused. I filed for divorce last week because he has lied to me so much about so many things, there is no trust left in me, and he is doing nothing to fix the situation to FIX HIMSELF! I am feeling ill and need to work on MY recovery now, and I can't do that with him in the house, but he won't leave. How do I get him out. I also have my 20 year old son living in the house with us. I am so tired and low...and I don't totally want to lose my spirt! Any advice?
Old 02-04-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like you need to remove yourself from the situation.

Son is old enough to decide for himself.

The house part will pan out in the divorce.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Your own health and sanity needs to come first. Your husband needs to make the step himself. Most people stop due to health scares. Some people however are in too deep. They can not think logically in that state, their guilt and fear of being out of control and self hatred leads them to turn that around on the people around them. This is very typical. Anger is born from fear. You leaving may be the jolt that awakens the man you once fell in love with. An good saying is, "you deserve what you tolerate". Tough love, but love for your self has to come first. Good luck and try alanon. Peace.:ghug3
Old 02-04-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
I would explore any and all legal options with the goal of removing your AH from the house. Show no quarter and do it.

Best,
ZoSo
Old 02-04-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

When I filed for divorce it was absolute hell getting my ex husband out of the house... Do you have a lawyer representing you because she may be able to file a motion to get him to leave... My ex didn't move out until the day the D was final and yes that makes it very hard on your recovery because you are living in this awful limbo of trying to heal and you can't because you have someone there that is making you miserable... My lawyer ended up threatening to file a motion of contempt on my ex if he didn't move out by the end of the day that the divorce was final.. That did the trick for me...

If he's acting the way he is you might be able to get a temporary restraining order against him..
Old 02-04-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I would check in to your state process for involuntary committal. Usually lasts 72 hours then there is a review. It is just something to consider. I'm not just saying this to get him out but to get him somewhere safe.

This is a hard thing for me to recommend even looking into, but I started thinking about how insane his behavior sounds. Sadly, it's not that shocking or unusual for those of us here but in reality, it is shocking and it is crazy. He needs help.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

They never leave easy. I suggest calling the police, and reporting his drug crazed behavior. Let them know that you feel threatened and find out what your next steps are.

I hated having to do that to my ex but he left me no choice. He was a drug addict doing what drug addicts do. And there was no way I was going to allow it to continue in my house.

You gotta be tough. Say what you mean. Mean what you say. Follow through.

Good luck. I know it's hard.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Who owns the house? Who leases it? Has he been living there? Even if you own the house or the lease is in your name, if he has been living there and can prove it (drivers license, mail, voter's registration, etc.) you cannot just kick him out, legally, at least in the USA.

Have you explored your legal options on this?
Old 02-04-2013, 07:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I pretty much did what Hello Kitty did. I had minor children in the home and his behavior was irratic. I called the police and put a restraining order on him. It was not easy but I needed to do it to protect myself and my children.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Google Baker Act and ExParte Petition - you can get him out. Best of luck to you, know that you do not want to continue living with that crazyness. Take care of you!