Notices

In God's Care 2/04/13

Old 02-03-2013, 11:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Arrow In God's Care 2/04/13

Happiness in the older years of life, like happiness in every year of life, is a matter of choice~your choice for yourself. ~Harold Azine

We empower ourselves every time we accept responsibility for choosing the thoughts and feeling we act on. Choosing behavior that encourages happiness is often as easy as any other choice,and the rewards are certainly greater than when we act out of fear or resentment. Events we had expected to be troubling , and relationships where we had predicted conflict , are more likely to turn out surprising smooth when we come to them with a happy attitude. We will feel better about ourselves when we are able to respond to other people with encouragment and hope.

We complicate our life unnecessarily when we choose to act out of meanness, self-centeredness or self-pity. Actions arising from negative attitudes enventully lower our self-esteem and block our connection to God. Happiness is often as simply as making the decision to take charge of who we are now, as we rely on God's will for us.

I will choose happiness today as I rely on God's will for me.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Attitude is definitely a choice. And the outcome is pretty heavily influenced by one's attitude in any particular situation. If I come at life with a negative attitude, fearful and resentful, things are probably not going to go very smoothly. This is just a simple fact.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If there was one thing I would wish for my children and their children, it is that they would learn this now, instead of waiting as long as I have, to even begin to realize how much choice we have in our lives.

I have known a few people in my lifetime, who exuded joy, amid some pretty daunting circumstances. I believe that they chose their mindsets. They chose to feel the joy, instead of wallowing in the negative.

I was raised in an alcoholic home, both parents very unhappy. We lived each day, expecting the bad things in life. It can become a habit, and it was for me, for years and years. I am learning after all these years, that I can feel so much happier, by choosing my thoughts more carefully. It is a amazingly powerful tool in my life.

thanks for this posting.

Imagine the world, if everyone could learn to do this as much as possible in their lives.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

It can be difficult for me to turn about my attitude on a dime, but I am learning that doing so can map out the rest of my day. If I wake up on the wrong side of the bed, I will make the effort to change my attitude to one of gratitude, then pray and meditate and ask to do God's will, not mine. It's when I run on the fumes of my will that my day breaks down.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is JUST what I needed to hear today HD, thank you so much for your service here!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

sure, atitude is a big one
to take advantage of aa
you have to be open, willing and honest
maybe that's why
aa = attitude adjustment

fraankie
Old 02-04-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Originally Posted by fraankie View Post
sure, atitude is a big one
to take advantage of aa
you have to be open, willing and honest
Thats H.O.W. it works..
Old 02-04-2013, 11:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

I am learning not to be a victim anymore.