Notices

Touchstones 2/03/2013

Old 02-03-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Touchstones 2/03/2013

Sunday, February 3, 2013 You are reading from the book Touchstones
Compassion is ... a spirituality and a way of living and walking through life. It is the way we treat all there is in life - ourselves, our bodies, our imaginations and dreams, our neighbors, our enemies... Compassion is a spirituality as if creation mattered. It is treating all creation as holy and as divine... which is what it is.
—Matthew Fox

In our search for growth, serenity, and contentment, we can start at a very practical level. Simply treat ourselves, inside and out, and everything around us in a respectful and caring way. Many men have not learned how to do that. Some of us have learned to accept abuse and pain, or to be tough and abusive.

We can learn about being in a healthy relationship, about befriending ourselves and others and all of creation. With practice, we will learn more and more about having compassion. As we do, our self-centeredness and our self-pity will fall away.

Today, I will be compassionate toward each of the details of creation, and practice acceptance both within and outside myself.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

I have to remember that I too am a creation of God, and in treating myself with compassion and acceptance and patience, I am also able to do this to others, and to realize that we may be separate, but really, we are all the same - children of God.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Well said Paul. And the reading brings me back to my early Catholic days when they try to teach you to treat others as you would liked to be treated your self. Its funny though because they never took that a step further to let us know there were healthy and unhealthy ways to do that. I never treated myself well till I was in recovery for a few years.
Thanks for the reading.