Notices

Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 2/3/2013

Old 02-03-2013, 12:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 2/3/2013

*~*~*~*^TwentyFourHoursADay^*~*~*~*

A.A. Thought for the Day

By drinking, we escaped from boredom for a while. We almost forgot our troubles. But when we sobered up, out troubles were twice as bad. Drinking had only made them worse. In A.A. we really escape boredom. Nobody's bored at an A.A. meeting. We stick around after it's over and we hate to leave. Drinking gave us a temporary feeling of importance. When we're drinking, we kid ourselves into thinking we are somebody. We tell tall stories to build ourselves up. In A.A. we don't want that kind of self-importance. We have real self-respect and honesty and humility. Have I found something much better and more satisfactory than drinking?

Meditation for the Day

I believe that my faith and God's power can accomplish anything in human relationships. There is no limit to what these two things can do in this field. Only believe, and anything can happen. Saint Paul said, "I can do all things through Him who strengtheneth me." All Walls that divide you from other human beings can fall by your faith and God's power. These are the two essentials. Everyone can be moved by these.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may try to strengthen my faith day by day. I pray that I may rely more and more on God's power.

Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012
Old 02-03-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Thought - Dang, alcohol sure did make me feel important. I was a bigshot when drunk, telling ridiculous stories and spending money I never had. It was more of playing an actor of who I really wanted to be, or so I thought. I really hope I have found something more satisfying long term than drinking. It seems to be working, so, for today at least, I'll do my best.

Med - God is limitless, and so is His power to affect my life for the better. I just have to have faith, believe, and ask for it.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Love it , for I did all those same things FM ..

And today I love the fellowship and friends. But most of all, I love ME just the way I am.. And so do they..
Old 02-03-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Bigshot-ism is one of the things that drinking brought me. The idea of "don't you know who I am?" came up often when I drank. Self-importance drove the ego bus many times, and I came away resentful, as I didn't feel that I was treated with the reverence and respect I thought my ol drunken self deserved. It was a curtain of bravado that hid a scared boy with little or no self esteem. Honesty and humility keep me right sized, and in between the two extremes. I am where I need to be, and as long as my will aligns with His, I will be alright.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

I sure was a legend in my own mind alright.