# 1 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Arrow Touchstones 2/2/13

You are reading from the book Touchstones
To be alive is power,Existing in itself,
Without a further function,
Omnipotence enough.
—Emily Dickinson

Being a person, a man, in this world is an amazing gift. A spiritual awakening promised by this program is open to us. But today, not all of us feel powerful and alive. We may feel weak, inadequate to our task, perplexed, or stymied. Is this a day in which we are filled with exuberance for the gift of life? Or is this a day when we're feeling subdued by life's burdens?

Perhaps we need to evaluate our perspective. Are we trying to control something or someone? Are we acting as if the world should be as we want rather than as it is? Have our individual wills exceeded their natural bounds and spoiled the simple joy of being "without a further function"?

May I find the pleasure and exuberance today that come with being alive. The simple power to be a person is "omnipotence enough."
Old 02-02-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Incredible. Perspective is everything. I can sure start thinking negatively and then of course everything turns to s***. Practicing this everyday. I have more better days than not.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

As I gradually let go of the ego, I am starting to see how this can be--how just existing and knowing I am of God is all I need! Everything is taken care of, there is no lack!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

When I have days or moments when I feel like that I am lacking gratitude in my life. Or I am living in fear of not getting either what I want or what I think I deserve. Crazy how this old alcoholic brain likes to get me in trouble and things never seem to be enough for me. Thank God I am willing some days to let go of that control but lets face it I am only human and I am going to feel like this from time to time. The good news is today I can recognize it and I have been given the tools to alter that thinking. Great read