Notices

Body Cleanse

Old 02-01-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Body Cleanse

Has anyone done a full body cleanse say after getting booze out of the system? If so how did you feel? My husband and I both got a 10 day kit. I would love to stop drinking after tonight and in a few weeks do this 10 day cleanse. Basically, a clean slate.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Waste of money.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I do them regularly. I get more energy after them. It worked for me.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've done cleanses with juice or homemade soups and also the hot water and lemon cleanse. I find these useful tools when quitting. You probably won't feel like eating anyway. A fast/cleanse can be a good "jump start" to your new sober lifestyle.

Get some gentle exercise and why not go to a meeting on top of it and feel the love in the room and the unity that is there? God is there as well if you are interested in that.

Pray even you aren't though. Pray to anything and practice simple prayer several times a day. Check out the "Gratitude Lists" that are on this site. Very helpful to practice gratiude.

Hope your cleanse goes well! Easy Does It..............
Old 02-02-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I would be alot more worried about quitting drinking than a clense
Old 02-02-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have gone on a couple of 10 day fast at a spa. The first one I gave up smoking for good, I was ready to quit. I wasnt't ready to quit drinking I hoping to moderate. Well that never worked out. I have done the lemon master cleanse.

As MIR said it would be better to concentrate on getting sober.

A friend and I were talking together the other day about, I asked after a friend that keeps relapsing she said something that really struck home. " He keeps relapsing because he still thinks drinking is just a habit". I think that is what I had been thinking all of those years. It went a lot deeper than that.

I am sober 20 months now. I follow a program that keeps me sober and teaches me how to live well.
Getting back to cleansing diets, last year I went on a 30 day raw food diet and it was the best diet I have ever been on. I stayed on it off and on and relapsed into my old habits. I am now on day 3 of the raw food diet. I found that I am really addicted to sugar, I hate being addicted to anything now.

Number one for my health is staying sober.

All the best
Caihong
Old 02-02-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

". . . he still thinks drinking is just a habit."

I don't want to hijack the thread, but that really struck me too!

And to the original poster, how is it going? Did you stop drinking? Make a plan for staying sober?
Old 02-02-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

When I was detoxing, I really couldn't eat anyway. Once that was done I got my appetite back, I started eating a lot healthier. Normal vitamins, even if you eat a healthy diet, do not get absorbed properly when you are drinking. This is why many alcoholics suffer from malnutrition. If you and your H are still drinking I question how effective the 10 day cleanse kits will be - if they did anything in the first place.

I would just quit drinking and start eating healthy. Good luck.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I did a five day juice cleanse, it was good. I got the flu the next week, that was not good!!!!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thank you for all the comments. i just feel quitting booze and then doing a cleanse would be more of pro to not go back. I am nervouse tho of how my body will react because of the nature of my work. its very physical and i rarely have a day off.