Notices

Here we go again

Old 02-01-2013, 05:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here we go again

Well its been one year and one month since I joined on here and tried to quit drinking. Didnt try hard enough and Ive been drinking ever since. What I have learned though since then is that with me its all or nothing.....if I dont touch it Im OK but when i have a few I have to keep drinking until I pass out. Thats usually 15 to 20 beer at a time and its always twice a week. Ive tried cutting back, like only having 3 or 4 but that just makes me want more....so I guess its all or nothing and the right choice would be nothing. Thanks, we'll see how it goes this time !
Old 02-01-2013, 05:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

MM.... I am the same. All or nothing. I choose nothing. I learned that 1000 times. Glad you did too!

Join the sober weekend check in and find strength here.

I joined in April and not till December did it start to take.

Ken
Old 02-01-2013, 05:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yep...been there, done that so many times.
In fact, I had to quit "trying". "Trying" leaves a way out. For me, I either quit, or I don't.
All the best.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When I committed to AA I found I didn't have to drink again and my life started to improve.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 02-01-2013, 07:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by MadmanMark View Post
Well its been one year and one month since I joined on here and tried to quit drinking. Didnt try hard enough and Ive been drinking ever since. What I have learned though since then is that with me its all or nothing.....if I dont touch it Im OK but when i have a few I have to keep drinking until I pass out. Thats usually 15 to 20 beer at a time and its always twice a week. Ive tried cutting back, like only having 3 or 4 but that just makes me want more....so I guess its all or nothing and the right choice would be nothing. Thanks, we'll see how it goes this time !
Unfortunately giving it half an effort never gets us half sober. We have to be 100% in or we will be 100% out. It is the nature of alcoholism.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by MadmanMark View Post
if I dont touch it Im OK but when i have a few I have to keep drinking until I pass out. Thats usually 15 to 20 beer at a time and its always twice a week.
I used to be like that. Then it became 5 times a week. Then I might have 1 in the morning to 'get right'. Then I might have 4 more to get righter. Next thing I knew it was Tuesday and 'what the heck happened?'

I don't drink. I get drunk. If you're like that, I advise quitting now.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Can't have 'just one'...there is no such thing for me. So I have accepted the fact I just can't drink alcohol...period. I work on self daily, go to meetings and don't drink...for the next 24 hours...so far it's working for over 22 months now...so, I'll keep on going.