Notices

Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 2/1/2013

Old 02-01-2013, 12:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 2/1/2013

*~*~*~*^TwentyFourHoursADay^*~*~*~*

A.A. Thought for the Day

When we think about having a drink, we're thinking of the kick we get out of drinking, the pleasure, the escape from boredom, the feeling of self-importance, and the companionship of other drinkers. What we don't think of is the letdown, the hangover, the remorse, the waste of money, and the facing of another day. In other words, when we think about that first drink, we're thinking of all the assets of drinking and none of the liabilities. What has drinking really got that we haven't got in A.A.? Do I believe that the liabilities of drinking outweigh the assets?

Meditation for the Day

I will start a new life each day. I will put the old mistakes away and start anew each day. God always offers me a fresh start. I will not be burdened or anxious. If God's forgiveness were only for the righteous and those who had not sinned, where would be its need? I believe that God forgives us all of our sins, if we are honestly trying to live today the way He wants us to live. God forgives us much and we should be very grateful.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that my life may not be spoiled by worry and fear and selfishness. I pray that I may have a glad, thankful, and humble heart.

Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012
Old 02-01-2013, 04:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

My mind likes to trick me like this and will remember only the good times associated with alcohol. I have to consciously think a lot harder to remember the bad times shortly thereafter. I shudder at some of the things I did while drunk. I was a very sick person, so I try not to be so hard on myself. Seems like a completely different life to me now. I find myself shaking my head and smiling at just how naive, silly, and happy I was making myself, when it was all for a sick conquest of alcohol. How easily before I was fooled!

Meditation - LOVE this. God has already forgiven me for my past, present, and future actions or mistakes. Already happened. Done and over with. Therefore, who am I to NOT forgive myself? By not forgiving myself, I am playing God yet again, trying to run the show.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Today is a new day. Yesterday is done. Regardless of what happened yesterday, "good" or "bad", it's in the books. I focus on today and what I can pack into the stream of life. God gives me that clean slate and it's up to me how I paint it, with His guidance and performing His will. It's a freedom I never had before, where I was wracked with guilt and shame and remorse. I need not feel that way any more, because I have the tools to deal with those as they crop up. I thank God (and newby!) for these daily reflections in the morning, that I may use them as fuel for a day of giving back and gratitude!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Yesterday is history

Tomorrow is a mystery..

And today is all I have.. Live it up to the fullest.. I love living my life for 24 hrs at a time. Its so much more managable..