Notices

Daily Reflections for 2/1/2013

Old 02-01-2013, 12:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Daily Reflections for 2/1/2013

*~*~*~*~*^DailyReflections^*~*~*~*~*
GOAL: SANITY

". . . Step Two gently and very gradually began to infiltrate my life. I can't say upon what occasion or upon what day I came to believe in a Power greater than myself, but I certainly have that belief now."

TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 27

"Came to believe!" I gave lip service to my belief when I felt like it or when I thought it would look good. I didn't really trust God. I didn't believe He cared for me. I kept trying to change things I couldn't change. Gradually, in disgust, I began to turn it all over, saying: "You're so omnipotent, you take care of it." He did. I began to receive answers to my deepest problems, sometimes at the most unusual times: driving to work, eating lunch, or when I was sound asleep. I realized that I hadn't thought of those solutions -- a Power greater than myself had given them to me. I came to believe.

Copyright 1990 ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC
Old 02-01-2013, 04:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

I didn't have any problems with Step 2 - I had always believed in God, but realizing that it could be of my conception and of my understanding really brought it home for me. I was at a place of such desperation that I needed relief and Step 2 really let me start the process of giving it up. Belief brought forth faith, and faith is where strength comes from.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

I had always believed. I am still struggling with faith. I am intellectually accepting it but trying to emotionally accept it. I hope it will come with time, patience, and experience. I guess maybe it will come when as it says, the most unusual times, not when I demand or seek it.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

I always felt spiritual and knew there was something bigger than myself. But the GOD thing took some time. But thanks to the fellowship and the BB I was able to use things till my "Came to Believe happened.."