Notices

Struggling today

Old 01-29-2013, 10:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggling today

i'm on day 64. and today has no doubt been the hardest day i've had since giving up drinking. luckily i only have to wait 45 minutes after work until i can attend my meeting but it's been hell for me today. i'm irritable, sweaty, scatter-brained, and have an awful headache (i rarely get headaches).

i'm sorry to complain...i know SO many of you have it worse than i do. but i'll admit it...today i could use a little support.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Good luck, EW. It's day one for me, and I am awed by your being able to go 64 days. Hope your day improves. Hope knowing that you gave a newbie some inspiration helps.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Some days, especially early in recovery but also even now, are just about survival. Just making it through the day without drinking is a success. Some of my hardest days were at around the 60 day mark. In the beginning, we're so focused on recovery that it sort of consumes us. But after a couple of months, real life settles in and we have to learn to live sober and happy. That can be daunting, but it only gets better if you keep at it! Meetings always help on days like this, so good for you for looking forward to that! You'll get through this!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

This too shall pass. If you remain sober today then today has been a success. Soberiety is not all unicorns and rainbows but it is soooooooo much better than the alternative. Look back and see how far you have come and by doing this you will see you are moving forward.

Trudging the road to happy destiny a day at a time
Old 01-29-2013, 11:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What you are going through is completely normal and completely miserable. It is only temporary, I promise.
I love your SR name. I can so relate.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

60 some days is a major turning point, keep moving forward!

You are amazing!! You are sober and you can get through today!!!

Be in the moment, have no expectations for the next moment and before you know it, you'll be breathing easily in the meeting!!

I strongly suggest you get some phone numbers and when you feel like this, call someone! Hearing an understanding voice is very calming.

Peace,
Old 01-29-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

how are you doing now EW?

D
Old 01-29-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
how are you doing now EW?

D
i'm doing 1000% better than i was at work. i spoke more today at my meeting than every other meeting combined, i think. my resolve was strengthened....by my fellow SA members during work, and my meeting this evening. i know i will not have a drink today.

thank you for asking, and thank you everyone for your help. i'm learning that i may always need to reach out for assistance at times. being raised to scorn help, it was difficult for me to see.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Support is good...... Glad you posted today!

Everyone's different of course, but there were times when a really bad day/craving would hit me like a lightning bolt, and I think some of it was chemical. This article (on PAWS) helped me a lot during the first months:
Post-Acute Withdrawal Symptoms - Relapse Prevention Strategies

Good to hear you're doing better!