Notices

Good Morning

Old 01-26-2013, 05:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good Morning

I wish I could say every thing is fine, but it's not. My whole world is out of control. It's not even that I'm getting drunk, I haven't had time. I'm broke. Working all the time. Depresion is a terrible thing.I have been praying as hard as I can for help. At our age we should be able to come home to soup and a sandwich and rest. Instead I'm cooking for 5 adults, 3 of them living in my basement. I know the economy sucks and everyone is having a hard time but knowing does'nt make me feel better.
OK,
I'm grateful for,
Ahusband who loves me
The Lord in my life
Heathy children and grand children
A warm home
and
food on the table
I guess it's not so bad after all. I'm done whining now. Thanks for listening.
Diana
Old 01-26-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Why aren't they cooking for you?
Old 01-26-2013, 07:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good morning.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I bet you like to cook deep down inside there
Old 01-26-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Who are the people in your basement and why are you cooking for them? Why are they not taking care of their share of the housework?

I'm guessing, unless they are disabled (unlikely since you said your family is healthy), it is because YOU keep doing it. Nobody can take advantage of you without your permission. It isn't your job to care for adults who can take care of themselves. If they don't respond to your requests that they help out, then stop doing what they can do for themselves.

What are you doing to take care of you and your sobriety? Not having time to get drunk doesn't sound like a great way to enjoy sober life.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks, All of you are so right. The people in my basement are my daughter 43/ my grandaughter 21 and her best friend 20 they go to school together. I feel like I should take care of everyone. I am a little territorial about my kitchen but they could help more. My husband and I are going to give all of them notice to move. Starting with the friend, m daughter next and then the grandaughter will have until fall school start.
Staying sober is difficult in the best of situations. I know I should build my whole life around being sober. I wish my family and friends would understand that.
Have a wonderful Sunday. I love all of you for careing
Diana
Old 01-27-2013, 05:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You know Diana, it's okay to ask for help and it sounds like you need it. At your age you should be getting a break and I know those that are younger can help out too. IJS, I;m 42 years old, work and also a student in college, I HAVE TO ASK FOR help or I lose my sanity. I know one of the reasons why I relapsed after almost five years sober.

Take care of yourself, and BTW, it's also okay to whine, it does you no good to hold it in, bottle up and then end up exploding. Your feelings are validated here sister. Give yourself a break. and :ghug3
Old 01-27-2013, 07:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow....good for you for putting your sobriety first!! I have so much respect for you taking care of yourself. I am trying to learn how to take care of myself and it isn't easy!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A work in progress

There ya go. Since you are territorial about the kitchen, having them pick up some of the other chores might give you a bit of time for yourself. Maybe you could make up (or ask them to make up--better yet) a rotating chore list. Just a thought.

Hugs, hope you have a nice Sunday.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Cooking is so time-consuming.... why not cook a few meals a week and let them fend for themselves the rest of the time? As long as there is sandwich stuff around, they should be able to take care of themselves....

I have adult kids, too, so I know how hard it is to give up that role, but once you decide to let go of some things, it feels great. Good luck! :ghug3