Party for DefofLov

Old 04-22-2004, 10:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Party for DefofLov

DefofLov is lonely - what better than a party to cheer her up and let her know how many friends she has?

Rule of the party - no talking about alcohol, husbands, boyfriends, problems, depression or any other assorted non-fun things.

I'm the first to arrive and brought with me a huge chocolate layer cake with buttercream frosting. It's decorated with little flowers and says "From All of Your Friends at SR - We Love You." I also brought George Clooney. He mentioned to me on the way in that he has always had a crush on DefofLov and is dying to meet her.

By the way, I'm wearing a spectacular little black dress (size 2) and diamond earrings the size of grapefruit. I look stunning, if I do say so myself.

What kind of music do you think???
Old 04-22-2004, 11:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Re: Party for DefofLov

Ut oh...my baby girl feels lonely? Why didncha tell Mom? Well hey...I've always loved a good party. I brought a freshly made..very smooth turtle cheesecake and all the Dr. Pepper we could all consume. Me? I'm in a sexy little red number..hair pulled back and piled high on my head..Mel is walking beside me..looking handsome as ever.

Oh Mel...none of that now.
Old 04-22-2004, 11:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

O.K so where do I put the Cheesecake from Costco? I brought a whole bunch of CD's, oldies for me and some of the grandkids cd's for you younger kids.

Personally, I am in for comfort so am wearing my best jeans and a lovely pink, blue, and white striped blouse. And of course my red and purple hat with the feather.

I also brought the coffee bar for those of us who love the stuff.

Where is everyone?????????????

:council:
Old 04-22-2004, 11:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Survivor

:throb YAY!!! I luv surprise parties. I make excellent brownies. I just happened to make brownies today, so I will go grab them.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sooo, we've got chocolate cake, 2 cheesecakes, Dr. Pepper, coffee, brownies, CDs, George and Mel.

If it's o.k., I'll bring some water (my beverage of choice) and, lasagna? It IS lunchtime after all on the West Coast.

I'm kinda casual today too...black slacks and one of my Matchboxtwenty t-shirts. It IS o.k. if I bring Rob Thomas, right? My Dodgers are kinda busy waiting out a rain delay in Colorado right now.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well.. happy party... I brought along a chocolate cheesecake (my favorite- hope you like it!). AND... HOW COULD I FORGET- I brought a bunch of "CHIP 'N DALES" that thought they'd do a little dancing for you...
(((Hope that smile is coming through!!)))
Oh... and one of those spa parties for all of us- I bribed the lady with some of the cheescake, brownies, coffee bar, dr.pepper, chocolate layer cake...
Old 04-22-2004, 12:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good work on the bribery SG! (just don't offer up Mel, or George, or Rob....)
Old 04-22-2004, 01:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Doesn't everybody think that DefofLov looks fabulous? We need to set her up for her massage if she ever gets off the dance floor. Who is that skinny dipping in the pool? I think it's Just Tired ! What a party girl !
Old 04-22-2004, 01:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Did I hear anyone say "chocolate"? I'm bringing guac., salsa, and lime tortilla chips. You'll recognize me in the simple, but oh-so-chic black number. It's a size.... oh a lady doesn't like to brag, but just say my fake breasts look like beacons of light. I grabbed Harry Connick Jr. to croon to us as piped music just doesn't seem right on so elegant of affairs. Thanks for the invite, it's nice to dream, yes?
Old 04-22-2004, 01:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi Def, I just swiped these beautiful yellow roses from my neighbors yard for your table. You do look fabulous dahlink! *mhua**mhua*.... sweety meet Sven, he does all my massages!
Old 04-22-2004, 01:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

Oh thank you Chy, I love yellow roses.

Anyone know what color Defoflor's favorite is? Is she a red rose type or does she like those lovely orange ones over there on the head table?

Maybe we can surprise her with some of every kind when she gets out of the massage parlor with Swen!

:thumb :wink2:
Old 04-22-2004, 01:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Happy Party Day DefofLov!!

I'll bring some bean dip to go with those chips......we need a little protein haha.
My dream look is wearing a smaller pair of black jeans with a fitted top that shows off my small waist line that I can't find at the moment. Let's have that top in a pretty spring color to brighten up the place. I'll be carrying a BIG balloon that says" EVERY DAY there is a Reason TO SMILE." Love all those chocolate goodies and a cup of coffee.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

"like beacons of light" McTired, you just kill me.

Matters - at this party you can have any size waist you want. That's why Mel is smiling at you across the room. Go ask him to dance.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey now!! Mel came with me. Def darlin...are ya feelin better now? You seem to have loads of friends now darlin. Glad ya could make it to your own surprise party.

Mom
Old 04-22-2004, 02:42 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Survivor

Thanx so much!! I feel so much better...People do care about me.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Fashionably late, I brought the seven-layer dip. Never one to dress up, I'm wearing jeans, but I did whip out the Jimmy Choos for some style. I can't dance in them though, so I will be barefoot soon.
I brought the Prince "1999" CD, because everyone gets on the dance floor for "Dance, Music, Sex, Romance". Now where's that cheesecake?
Old 04-22-2004, 02:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Who has the keys to the Codie bus? Looks like we need some more chips now that the 7 layer dip has arrive, fashionably late I might add.

What an entrance!

Oh, and a party can't be complete without :spectacle

Daf? Is this you?
Old 04-22-2004, 03:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'll make sure to get more chips........we must not run out of them!
This is so FUN!!!
Old 04-22-2004, 04:01 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
sdp

I made some killer fudge, recipe from the back of a jar of fluff... For music-- Gloria Gaynor's "I will survive".. and the Weather Girls' "It's raining men"
Old 04-22-2004, 04:03 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Mel's MINE, I tell ya!!! MINE MINE MINE!!!

Saw him first and he's winking at me, so I'm setting down my "Death By Chocolate" 3 layer cake, and my freshly whipped cream, and am going to have the first dance with MEL honey!!!