Notices

a new norm

Old 01-20-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a new norm

3 weeks ago my weekends were much much different from what they are now.
It would have all started with Thursday night .I would've gotten out of work late , been mad, then come home and started drinking 2,3,6 beers.. the next day I would've woken up feeling like absolute hell going to work at 630 in the morning until 4 in the afternoon .. at some point during the day I would have texted a friend in found out where we were going to me to have beers before My husband got out of work. Then, me and hubby would go out for.dinner and beers. After an early dinner we would come Home, he would.yo to bed and I would stay up to "clean". :is is the funny part to me. Nothing ever got cleaned. I would continue to get tanked all by myself.
Saturday morning I would be up at around 630, 7 in the morning even though I had nowhere to go. My hangover would be so bad it was physically wake me up because my head would be pounding and my body would be so dehydrated I couldn't possibly sleep any longer.
I would check my phone make sure I didn't send any embarrassing text messages are Facebook posts and then aimlessly wander around my house trying to figure out what I should do first.
usually I'd feel pretty horrible and stay on the couch for the rest of the night but Sunday was a different story....
I absolutely positively love drinking on Sundays. usually Id be feeling pretty good after a day of recovery on Saturday so it was no big deal to go and have some bloody marys in the morning. If we had company coming over then it was even more of an excuse to party. Usually I would take Monday and Tuesday off and the have a couple Wednesday then, back into the heavy hitting fore the rest of the week.
Writing this some of the things have to make me laugh and smile little bit I was a really fun drunk. But there came a point when the fun just wasn't worth it in the embarrassment was too big for me to handle. When the hangovers and anxiety were physically killing me. Where my brain was scattered and I was sleep deprived. Where I'm sure my husband looked at me with disgust. Where I decided that we deserve better than this.

I have lost a lifelong friend because I chose to treat myself better than alcohol could. I only hope she is able to see her worth some day.
I have learned a lot about who I am. Its been 3 weeks since I've had a drink but I am really loving the changes I've seen in myself and my surroundings.
my house is clean. I make my bed. My skin and hair are glowing! My round face is slimming out, I'm not bloated, I have an abundance of energy. I am more enjoyable to be around (usually) and I am getting my life back on track. No more ignoring the issues at hand.
I have reconnected with old friends who don't over indulge. A little bitter sweet since Im sure we pushed each other away because of my drinking.
So, thank you to all of you for you inspiring posts on recovery. For your unabashed honesty and opinions (weather I like them or not ) and to SR. I don't know how I stumbled upon this website but I am so fortunate I did.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Thanks, Sunshine!

You think you were funny when you were drunk, but I wish somebody had some videos...

I can get cold, paranoid, and lazy--but SR is always uplifting (sometimes a little fun and crazy too...)
Old 01-20-2013, 09:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

It's so great to read your post this morning - so inspiring (and it took me back to those dreadful mornings which I never want to go through again!). Keep up the good work and congrats on 3 weeks!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sunshine, thanks for you post, it's so true and I totally relate, it's so much better waking up feeling ACTUALLY refreshed, and not like a Mack Truck or large trained mauled you over.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

great post,thank you.It reminds me of what I'm not missing too

Congrats on 3 weeks
Old 01-20-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Coldfusion- I wish I had it recorded also. Maybe I would have quit a long time ago!