XABF stabbed and undergoing surgery

Old 01-17-2013, 08:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

XABF stabbed and undergoing surgery

He posted on his Facebook that he got attacked on the street and got stabbed in the hand. Ripped a tendon and is undergoing surgery today. I have been no contact for the past 2 weeks straight. Is it ******** that I want to write him an e-mail just to say: Sorry about what happened. I hope surgery goes well and you recover soon.

???????????????????

Help. Should I just ignore this? I feel so bad because we just broke up 3 weeks ago and of course my natural reaction is to wish that he is ok.

Thanks.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

He also posted a picture of his hand while he was in the hospital, which was way over the top but still proves that he isn't just lying about this..... I don't know what to do. I feel like I should at least be cordial about it.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

He is your ex, I would recommend staying no contact, if you don't you will probably be dragged back into the drama. He'll be fine, you really don't know what he was up to when he was stabbed.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Are you still his friend on FB? I would seriously just delete him... you don't need to know what's going on in his life now, do you?
Old 01-17-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i know. I can totally see him trying to pick a fight with someone while walking home in a drunken stupor. I have seen him to that before (or just yell back when yelled to, etc...). Thanks for the advice, guys. UHM.... THIS IS HARD!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I tried no contact while staying friends on FB. Definitely didn't work! He then used FB to try to get my attention. It often worked. Think about whether staying friends on FB helps you to heal, or just prolonged the pain.

Stay strong!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Block him...
It's hard indeed, but not impossible...

Peace & recovery await. They are worth it. YOU are worth it.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

facebook and xaso is such a trap.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

I think its fine that you have him on fb and remain to be friends.
That is your choice. Since he is still on your fb then it seems reasonable to wish him well.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovingenabler View Post
Is it ******** that I want to write him an e-mail just to say: Sorry about what happened. I hope surgery goes well and you recover soon.

Thanks.
LE - Not beating you up but go easy on using the word ********. Was on a con call where someone used that term repeatedly and my good friend and business partner looked ready to kill someone. His daughter is in a special needs school for Dyslexia - bright, wonderful SMART girl who has been called ******** because she jumbles letters.

Note - Absolutely certain you mean no offense which is precisely why I bring it up, sure that if you unknowingly offended someone you'd want to crawl under a rock and die just like I would :-)
Old 01-17-2013, 01:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

If you made the decision to go NC, I would stick with it. You made it for good reasons. The stabbing is part of the natural consequences he needs to experience if he continues to drink.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

If it were me, I wouldn't contact him. NC is hard enough without having to start all over. He is pleading for attention, posting a pic? Super dramatic. Maybe say a little prayer for him (if you pray).
Old 01-17-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks, guys. This too shall pass.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Out of curiosity....

I typically don't get stabbed in the hand too often. Concealed carry permit and a body type most muggers pass on aside, I don't think many folks get stabbed in the vicinity of me either.... Don't mean to be harsh and I'm all for benefit of the doubt but when he got stabbed was he leaving Church or was he leaving a bar or ....?

It's uncanny how bad luck seems to follow some folks. Recently there was a story about a player on a sports team I follow getting arrested and the arrest report had the time as something like 2:58 am. I remember mumbling "Nobody ever made a good headline at 2:58 am".

Anyway - just kinda wondering if he was unlucky or wrong place, wrong time, wrong cmpanions doing the wrong things as that so often seems to wind up coinciding with 'bad luck'.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Nothing says "Look at me, I'm an attention *****!" like Facebook.

Don't contact him. That's what he wants people to do.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Yeah, I wouldn't be too quick to go soothe his fevered brow. Chances are that he was doing something he shouldn't have been doing. That doesn't mean he deserved to get stabbed (as far as you know), and bad things happen to nice drunks, but as PF points out, they DO tend to have more than their share of "bad luck." He will heal whether you contact him or not. If you feel you have to do something, pray for him. Never hurts.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Another vote for NC.
I'm almost through my second month, and although it's still very hard (at times) it is necessary....
His hand-his problem. He'll be fine.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:48 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by choublak View Post
Nothing says "Look at me, I'm an attention *****!" like Facebook.
cleaning bill for diet coke covered iPad headed your way Choub.... ROFLMAO... That would make such a good bumper sticker
Old 01-18-2013, 05:55 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Yeah I wouldn't respond he is probably checking regularly awaiting your reply and looking forward to recounting the event, ER, stitches and undoubtably the "serious and permanent damage he has sustained" (said with a laugh).

I envision him swinging a lasso above his head and throwing it in your direction.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Did he say anything about who stabbed him?

Maybe he really "stabbed" himself by falling on something. Stranger things have happened.