Notices

Touchstones 1/12/13

Old 01-12-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Touchstones 1/12/13

Good morning friends. I just wanted to apologize for not posting Monday thru Friday. I was on vacation and didnt think I would be without the internet.

Saturday, January 12, 2013 You are reading from the book Touchstones
I should be content to look at a mountain for what it is and not as a comment on my life.
—David Ignatow

We have recognized our self-centeredness as addicts and codependents. On the other side is the feeling of peace and well being when we are released from it. Self-centeredness caused us to take everything personally. We were hypersensitive to our surroundings, to other people, and to how they reacted. Yet, so often these things had very little to do with us. God sends rain for the just and the unjust.

When we can look at a mountain and lose ourselves in the sight, we are refreshed spiritually. But no mountain is necessary for this experience. When we listen to a friend and simply hear his perspective, when we pet a dog and just enjoy this loving creature, when we look at a sunset and drink it in for what it is - then we are growing.

God, grant me release from the oppression of my ego.

EGO= Easing God Out.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Glad you are back Inda. Hope you had a good vacation!!

I was definitely hypersensitive to everything. Taking things personally was just what I did. It was so engrained in me that it's who I thought I was. It was definitely me attempting to be the director and run the show. Plain and simple and thru much frustration and headache that didn't work.

My ego kept me too good for even myself and caused me to resent even the most simple ad beautiful things in life. I am glad that God has shown me another way thru the fellowship and program of AA.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Thank you Fernacemen, stepping and I sure did have a wonderful time. Full of food, fun , laughter, and AA..
Old 01-12-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Wow Inda. Ego is easing God out.

I heard that for the first time at a meeting today. Now the second time here tonight.

How could it be coincidence?

Im realizing my ego is wanting to understand everything in this program and intellectualize it.

I feel so much better though as I feel my way through and dont try to figure it out.

I just keep coming to remind myself of that amd this did it!

Thank you
Old 01-13-2013, 05:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Taking things personally and as an affront was something I was very good at. To constantly think that I was at the center of it all spoke to the power of my ego. To think that everyone was thinking of me always spoke to the power of my ego. My ego was truly front and center whenever I felt attacked. So learning to deflate my ego has been very important for my recovery, perhaps one of the most important things in fact. Stepping out of ego and into doing God's will seems a more natural and peaceful and rewarding way to live.