Notices

New Year and it will be 2 years.....questions?

Old 12-31-2012, 11:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Year and it will be 2 years.....questions?

well.....2013 and it will be two years without any booze or weed I am blessed with a good business, wife, and two kids and was fortunate enough to not to have any health problems or problems with the law since i started messing around with drugs and booze since i was a teen...i'm 34 now!

my question is.............why do i still have bad days and weeks where i feel the urge to go have a party(something to drink and smoke) because i have went so long without doing anything....lol? I wonder sometimes why i am sober........self medication a way to cope with life right? just venting a bit............maybe the cold weather or the end of the holidays.........i didn't use aa or anything like that so i appreciate any insight or support you guys can give......

guess i need to be reminded why i stopped in the first place!!!

i now have many more good days than bad being sober.......and deal with life a whole lot better.....

wishing you guys the best.....thanks
Old 12-31-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good to hear you're feeling well and are passing 2 years sober.

Since I didn't observe your suffering while you were drinking I don't feel qualified to give you reminders regarding why you don't drink at all.

But, I am sure you had your reasons.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If you still think there's some benefit to drinking dpatrol then you could probably do with some better coping strategies. You've done amazingly and are obviously a lot better off sober, but drinking often does cover up a multitude of sins which need dealing with at some point. That's what I like AA for. I just couldn't be okay and sober. I'm a lot better but I need help. On the other hand these thoughts could just be left overs from your drinking days. It's to be expected (especially this time of year) so maybe you don't really need to worry about it. Just don't let them actually let you get to the point where you think you can have a few drinks... x