Notices

As Bill Sees It

Old 12-30-2012, 05:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow As Bill Sees It

*~*~*~*~*^AsBillSeesIt^*~*~*~*~*

The Sense of Belonging

Perhaps one of the greatest rewards of meditation and prayer is the sense of belonging that comes to us. We no longer live in a completely hostile world. We are no longer lost and frightened and purposeless.
The moment we catch even a glimpse of God's will, the moment we begin to see truth, justice, and love as the real and eternal things in life, we are no longer deeply disturbed by all the seeming evidence to the contrary that surrounds us in purely human affairs. We know that God lovingly watches over us. We know that when we turn to Him, all will be well with us, here and hereafter.

TWELVE AND TWELVE, P. 105
Old 12-30-2012, 06:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Agreed.

Morning prayer for me just sets the tone for the day. A calm and peace, and that hope of each day being usful..
Old 12-30-2012, 08:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

God's will and my will are two completely different things. My will tends to be full of selfish desires and self-will run riot.

I am glad I do not have to be the director of my life anymore. It still creeps up, those thoughts like "Everything would be just fine if (x) would just happen or go (x) way!" I can shrug them off, remember the acceptance paragraph, and move on.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

ABSOLUTE PERFECTION IN TODAYS READING FROM AS BILL SEES IT!!!! This is what comforts me in every second of my day and sobriety Without Him I would be nothing. I have a purpose now...to follow HIS will!!!! <3
Old 12-30-2012, 01:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Through prayer and meditation I return to the Creator, sense His power, and receive his direction and guidance. For me to not do these things on a daily basis is like a foot soldier not getting his marching orders for the day. I am lost.