Time For A Trade In!

Old 12-21-2012, 06:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Time For A Trade In!

OMggggggggggggggg! In the past few months, my husband has gone through withdrawals twice (one bad one from suboxone), has had 2 tooth aches, one being dental surgery, a broken arm, surgery on said arm and is now sick with a bad cold and sore throat. Thank goodness, he went to a meeting tonight anyway because I really need a break fro him, lol.

Most of here know men are big wussies (right Vale?) and my husband is no exception. In fact, he is the biggest baby when he is sick.

That's it!! I told him I am trading him in for a new, younger, less defective, model.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

do those models even exist lol when my AH was about 30 he had the flu and was the biggest baby in the world
Old 12-21-2012, 08:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Here's to a new year that will be better for both of you! I am sharing some interesting new year's quotes I found and hope you might enjoy reading these.

Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us. - Hal Borland

We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day. - Edith Lovejoy Pierce

Yesterday, everybody smoked his last cigar, took his last drink and swore his last oath. Today, we are a pious and exemplary community. Thirty days from now, we shall have cast our reformation to the winds and gone to cutting our ancient shortcomings considerably shorter than ever. - Mark Twain

I made no resolutions for the New Year. The habit of making plans, of criticizing, sanctioning and molding my life, is too much of a daily event for me. - Anaïs Nin

Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account. - Oscar Wilde

From New Year's on the outlook brightens; good humor lost in a mood of failure returns. I resolve to stop complaining. - Leonard Bernstein

An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. - Bill Vaughn

New Year's Day is every man's birthday. - Charles Lamb

Cheers to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right. - Oprah Winfrey

New Year's Day... now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual. - Mark Twain

Another fresh new year is here . . .
Another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear,
To love and laugh and give!

This bright new year is given me
To live each day with zest . . .
To daily grow and try to be
My highest and my best!

I have the opportunity
Once more to right some wrongs,
To pray for peace, to plant a tree,
And sing more joyful songs!
- William Arthur Ward

New Year's Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time. - James Agate

Making resolutions is a cleansing ritual of self-assessment and repentance that demands personal honesty and, ultimately, reinforces humility. Breaking them is part of the cycle. - Eric Zorn

Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go. - Brooks Atkinson

New Year's eve is like every other night; there is no pause in the march of the universe, no breathless moment of silence among created things that the passage of another twelve months may be noted; and yet no man has quite the same thoughts this evening that come with the coming of darkness on other nights. - Hamilton Wright Mabie

For last year's words belong to last year's language and next year's words await another voice. - T.S. Eliot

The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton

Ring out the old, ring in the new, Ring, happy bells, across the snow: The year is going, let him go; Ring out the false, ring in the true. - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to. - Bill Vaughn

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. - Benjamin Franklin

Never tell your resolution beforehand, or it's twice as onerous a duty. - John Selden (As you can see from my previous post, this technique works!)

The Old Year has gone. Let the dead past bury its own dead. The New Year has taken possession of the clock of time. All hail the duties and possibilities of the coming twelve months! - Edward Payson Powell

But can one still make resolutions when one is over forty? I live according to twenty-year-old habits. - Andre Gide

Many years ago I resolved never to bother with New Year's resolutions, and I've stuck with it ever since. - Dave Beard

Copyright 2011 Sarkis Media LLC
Old 12-21-2012, 09:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It sounds like a rough year!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by bluebelle View Post
It sounds like a rough year!
I know, but thankfully it was there year when he had enough , sought out help and starting working on his recovery!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Those are great. Thank you (((Anaya!!)))
Old 12-21-2012, 10:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Anaya, thank you for taking the time to find and post those I like a lot of them new outlook here.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
I know, but thankfully it was this year when he had enough, sought out help and starting working on his recovery!
Do you think I will ever have a post without a typo? lol
Old 12-21-2012, 10:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I meant that it sounded like a rough year for you!
Old 12-22-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
OMggggggggggggggg! In the past few months, my husband has gone through withdrawals twice (one bad one from suboxone), has had 2 tooth aches, one being dental surgery, a broken arm, surgery on said arm and is now sick with a bad cold and sore throat. Thank goodness, he went to a meeting tonight anyway because I really need a break fro him, lol.

Most of here know men are big wussies (right Vale?) and my husband is no exception. In fact, he is the biggest baby when he is sick.

That's it!! I told him I am trading him in for a new, younger, less defective, model.
================================================== ======
I tell my wife that all the time! But we've been together for damn near 35 years and (unfortunately) she knows every game I play and every line
of BS I pull..........younger,less on odometer,etc...........yeah,I get that part.....but to be honest the younger ones drone on&on&on&on&on&on&on&on&on about stuff that,quite honestly-----I don't care about.

(If she ever croaks on me--------I am in deep sh**!)

-When I am sick,my wife calls me the "Wussmaster General"
(knockoff on postmaster general)