Notices

I can't figure out why not drink

Old 12-20-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question I can't figure out why not drink

I'm not really new. I mean I've been around. But ive been slipping for a while. just a sip or a taste. Nothinh really. to prove im not out of control. I'm so tired of being uptight. My partner called me a dry drunk. She is right. I can't get over feeling blah. My job is boring.etc, etc. I try to write gratitudes but I can't escape the blah, heavy, impending doom feeling. I like to be happy. Maybe a glass of wine would loosen me up.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You have to do what's right for you. But I don't think you'll find support here for doing what you are seeking absolution for.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Yup I think your finding out , that there is whole lot more than putting down the drink in sobriety.

All I do know is that what ever bothers you now, it still will be there after that buzz wheres off from the wine..
Old 12-20-2012, 07:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pressmetilihurt View Post
I'm not really new. I mean I've been around. But ive been slipping for a while. just a sip or a taste. Nothinh really. to prove im not out of control. I'm so tired of being uptight. My partner called me a dry drunk. She is right. I can't get over feeling blah. My job is boring.etc, etc. I try to write gratitudes but I can't escape the blah, heavy, impending doom feeling. I like to be happy. Maybe a glass of wine would loosen me up.
I can identify with the feelings of boredom, irritability, restlessness and discontent. I'm an alcoholic so I could go to an AA meeting or have a glass of wine.

One answer would be a positive responsible action to take... the other, not so much.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 12-20-2012, 07:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome (back)

if you're like me maybe that glass is wine of the thing that's making you have the blah, heavy, impending doom feeling?

how long have you been sober?
If it's only been a little while, or it's not really happened yet I think that might just be your answer.

On the other hand, if it's been a while, what else have you done to improve your life besides not drinking, press?
D
Old 12-20-2012, 08:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I so relate to this post. Early sobriety is a real challenge for some of us for precisely this reason - I feel like the worlds most uptight, boring, whiny, negative person lately! I just can't seem to find a way to loosen up without the booze and the opiates. Its all I know to do when I get that knot in my stomach. Right now I'm just holding on for dear life. I don't have much advice except if what we're doing isn't working we should probably try something else. Something else besides getting loaded. That doesn't fix anything. I wish you all the luck in the world. Take care.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pressmetilihurt View Post
because youll feel like me. believe me you dont want this on your back..for what its worth.
dub
Old 12-20-2012, 08:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have only been sober for 10 days. I packed up and moved. I separated myself from everything so that I can figure out why I used to think that I needed that drink. Does it suck sometimes? Yes, but atleast I eliminated one thing, the guilt the next morning for drinking to much and not always sure of how I acted. It can only get better!