Notices

new here, and dealing with an addict/alcoholic

Old 12-15-2012, 12:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new here, and dealing with an addict/alcoholic

hello, im new to the site and looking for some guidance. i guess i will start off with my story. i habe been married for 6 years have two boys age 7 and 3 months. my husband about three years ago after the loss of our second child began using oxi which quickly escalated to herion. after countless times of him not coming home and 40,000 dollars missing he admitted he needed help

we then sent him to a 30 day rehab where he did very well, after he came home he was sober.for a few months but then came to me said he had relapsed and needed to be on suboxone. he was on suboxone for about 9 months but he continued to use and eventually got arrested and lost his job. shortly after we found out we were expecting our 3rd child and this is when his drinking started.

he started once again being gone for days lieing about where he was and money missing. he pawned nearly everything we owned and when i comfronted him about it.he told me he had started using meth also.
his drinking had gotten so bad after our son was born that he got his 2nd duiand put on probabtion but even then he did not stop. after a overdose and several probation violations he was arrested and put into another rehab.

now i dont know where to go from here. everytime i see him i am angry that we have lost everything to his addictions. i love him but to think of living one more day like that again terrifies me.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

4everstronge, I so hate the terrible situation you are in. If you have any control over money, please do not give any to him. Don't go get any booze or drugs for him. Don't enable him in any way. Praying for ya, and Merry Christmas.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome 4everstronge

I'm sorry for your situation. I think it's very important you continue to look after yourself and your children in all of this.

You'll find a lot of support and encouragement in our Family and Friends forums. I'll hope you'll check them out too

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D