Notices

my first friday

Old 12-15-2012, 02:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my first friday

My first friday in years. And I made it by reading blogs and forums. Feels good not to have a hangover. Now I have to do another day
Old 12-15-2012, 02:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey tomb,
congratulations on getting through .

I know the internet was really useful for me in the first few weeks , immersed myself in reading about other people experiences of working at recovery .

Bestwishes, M
Old 12-15-2012, 08:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job! Now take it one day at a time. Proud of you.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wonderful job! This is such an amazing resource, I am glad you were able to use the forums to help you through! Here's to another day!
Old 12-15-2012, 08:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats tomb!!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
Hey tomb,
congratulations on getting through .

I know the internet was really useful for me in the first few weeks , immersed myself in reading about other people experiences of working at recovery .

Bestwishes, M
mecanix, I am doing the same thing by reading but I will have to admit that there is so much varying information on the subject of withdrawl that at times it can be sooooo uplifting while other times it can crash your emotions to the ground...........what did people do before the internet and they simply wanted to quit drinking on their own?
Back in the 70's you just quit, you didn`t hear of people dying and needing er and all kinds of meds to get off the sauce.
One simply quit cold turkey and beared the results of the withdrawl symptoms and from what I remember most were over it in no more than a month but now you hear one guy say he was fine after a week and another guy still shaking with booze withdraws after a year...LOL
I guess I am just saying that this board is a great resource because we are all "like minded" in our plights but there is so much BS out there on the subject.......thats just my own feelings though
Old 12-15-2012, 09:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hang in there buddy. The first few weeks are hard, but things get so much better!
Old 12-15-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats Tomb! I felt the same way last night....what a great feeling waking up SOBER
Old 12-15-2012, 10:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

Congrats Tomb. That is awesome. Keep it up. I was thinking today (day 43), when you're used to doing everything drunk it is hard to do anything sober. I agree with ru12. The first couple of weeks are serious work, but then it gets better every day.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I remember my first Friday. I was here. This place is great! Hang in there. You can do it!
Old 12-15-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by veryready View Post
Congrats Tomb. That is awesome. Keep it up. I was thinking today (day 43), when you're used to doing everything drunk it is hard to do anything sober. I agree with ru12. The first couple of weeks are serious work, but then it gets better every day.
see, I love reading replies like yours and ru12's..........they give hope that uplifts a persons spirits in a realistic manner unlike some of the general stuff you read all over the internet where you will feel like pure hell for the first year and how you will live in a fog for two............thanks for the realistic posts
Old 12-15-2012, 11:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

Originally Posted by Camperboy View Post
see, I love reading replies like yours and ru12's..........they give hope that uplifts a persons spirits in a realistic manner unlike some of the general stuff you read all over the internet where you will feel like pure hell for the first year and how you will live in a fog for two............thanks for the realistic posts
Thanks. In my opinion, there are some people who can't let go of the drama of quitting and can't accept that it is getting better. That is the minority, but don't let it get you down. If you feel better, you feel better.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Nice work Tomb!! I had a sober Friday night too!! Feel great today! Instead of a big Jack own the rocks I was drinking hot chocolate and 7 ginger ales!! Got lost in a couple good movies!! Hot chocolate sounds foo foo but it was 6 degrees here last night! Ate a ton and slept great.. I never dreamed much when I was inebriated but I'm really enjoying dreaming again.. Dreaming is my new vice.. Have a great weekend!!