Notices

Cold Season

Old 12-14-2012, 06:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cold Season

What are your thoughts on cold/cough medicine? Being a teacher, I get every cold possible. Perhaps quitting drinking will help my immune system. But for now I have a bad cold. I have yet to take any medicine because they do contain trace amounts of alcohol. Any home remedies that work? I'm taking loads of vitamin C, plenty of fluids, honey and tea. What really works?
Old 12-14-2012, 06:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There are lots of options that do not include alcohol. They usual state it right on the label.
Using medicine appropriately and as directed is a personal call IMO. Some can do it but others prefer to not take the risk. I personally plan to stay with non-alcoholic or otherwise non-habit forming kind. Why risk it? Just my opinion though. I certainly don't pass judgement on anyone that chooses to use meds properly.

Hope you get to feeling better!
Old 12-14-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Orange juice is good. Meds screwed me up. I don't think I'll touch them again. I've got a cold right now, but I don't think we've come up with a cure for the common cold yet, so I think of it as a waiting game, and an excuse to rest easy.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

quit drinking. I haven't been sick at all except once for some bad dairy product..