Notices

Hi! I'm new here

Old 12-05-2012, 12:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mdm

Hi! I'm new here

Hello. I've decided its finally time to face reality and stop killing myself.

I'm a 31 year old working wife and mom of one rambunctious 2 year old, and a functioning alcoholic. I was a fun drinker/partier through my 20's, but it really became a problem in the last 2 years since I've had my son. I am stressed out...my job isn't too bad, in fact I like it. But everyday when I get off work and finally get home with my son...I have an overwhelming urge to drink. I am drinking 2 bottles of wine per night on weekdays, and much more on weekends. I have absolutely no control over myself.

I have wanted to quit for months now, and I haven't been able to. I really need some support. My husband is also an alcoholic.

where to start?
Old 12-05-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I just posted this same response on antoher newcomer thread

I try to read everyone's first post. They all have some similarites. Sometimes I think we could construct 5-10 stories and just say insert name to describe everyone's addiction problems. The reason I say this is because you are not alone. I have come to realize that regardless of whether you drink every day, binge, drink wine, beer or liquor or all of them are old, young, male, female, from north, south east or west - there is someone who has gone through or is going through the same thing with alcohol and who can understand and provide help and support. It is out there and it is here. I wish you luck and hope to see more posts from you. Make a plan - get support
Old 12-05-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Coming here is good start mdm - welcome

you'll find a ton of support here - read around post as much as you like...look at how other people got sober...

I can also recommend our Class of December thread (also in this forum) for all those who are quitting this month - great support there too

If you've been drinking for a while, I hope you'll think about seeing a Dr - not everyone has trouble, but detox can be rough for some of us.

D
Old 12-05-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

see your doctor