Notices

help

Old 12-05-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

help

Well I'm 5 years sober and now 19 days without smoking. Honestly I thought I was doing pretty good in my recovery but now I'm abusing myself mentally. Telling myself I'm not good enough extra. I feel maybe this whole thing could lead back to d,inking. But my friends are doing it and they have less time sober then I. Guess I'm just not as spiritually fit as I thought. How long will it take to feel normal again.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

5 Years is alot of time! WOW! I'm a month sober. Cigarettes are next week.
Just hang in there, Nicotine is hard to stop.

Just like Alcohol please give it time. i'll be right with you next week! Stay strong!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Have you got support quitting? It ain't easy. Maybe NRT would help? Or Champix? Or read Allen Carr's book Easyway to quit smoking.

I gave up smoking with drinking and I honestly don't know which one was bothering me more. But I don't think how long you've been sober would make much difference, except that you have already overcome a major addiction and you know you can do this and it will get better x
Old 12-06-2012, 10:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

19 days is great. Your brain will be adjusting still ok. Your feeling depressed is coming from your brain adjusting. Know that the blues is going to lift. After the physical withdrawl there is a psycholigical withdrawl k. Feeling lost, confused, anxious, and like your not yourself will linger around for a couple more weeks then lift. keep it up and know that its gonna get better.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
5 Years is alot of time! WOW! I'm a month sober. Cigarettes are next week.
Just hang in there, Nicotine is hard to stop.

Just like Alcohol please give it time. i'll be right with you next week! Stay strong!
I'm so glad to hear your sober. You are in for one hell of a ride. And that's a good one. Thanks.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fadedjeans View Post
19 days is great. Your brain will be adjusting still ok. Your feeling depressed is coming from your brain adjusting. Know that the blues is going to lift. After the physical withdrawl there is a psycholigical withdrawl k. Feeling lost, confused, anxious, and like your not yourself will linger around for a couple more weeks then lift. keep it up and know that its gonna get better.
Thank you for that. My stop day is tomorrow so I was looking for some experienced information :-)

Also: Great job OP!