Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Old 11-28-2012, 12:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours A Day
November 28, 2012

A.A. Thought For The Day
The A.A. way is the way of sobriety. A.A. is known everywhere as a method that has been successful with alcoholics. Doctors, psychiatrists and clergymen have had some success. Some men and women have got sober all by themselves. We believe that A.A. is the most successful and happiest way to sobriety. And yet A.A. is not wholly successful. Some are unable to achieve sobriety and some slip back into alcoholism after they have had some measure of sobriety. Am I deeply grateful to have found A.A.?

Meditation For The Day
Gratitude to God is the theme of Thanksgiving Day. The pilgrims gathered to give thanks to God for their harvest, which was pitifully small. When we look around us at all the things we have today, how can we help being grateful to God? Our families, our homes, our friends, our A.A. fellowship; all these things are free gifts of God to us. “But for the grace of God,” we would not have them.

Prayer For The Day
I pray that I may be very grateful today. I pray that I may not forget where I might be but for the grace of God.

(Twenty-Four Hours a Day) Hazelden Foundation 2012
Old 11-28-2012, 08:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

I am grateful, today. Other days I wrack my brain at just how others manage to stay sober without a structure like AA. More power to them I guess. And for those that slip back into the cycle of addiction, can't help but think they believed thy found the cure and "well what did you expect to happen?" I have been that one all too many times.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

God led me to AA and AA led me to God.

Not sure who came up with that one, but I love it, and I remembered that when I read today's Thought for the Day.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I am so grateful to AA and all that goes with it. Thank you all.