Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Old 11-26-2012, 12:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours A Day
November 26, 2012

A.A. Thought For The Day
Continuing our thoughts about the rewards that have come to us as a result of our new way of living: We have found that we have got rid of many of our fears, resentments, inferiority complexes, negative points of view, self-centeredness, inner conflicts, the habits of procrastination, undisciplined sex, wasting money, boredom, false perfectionism, and jealousy and envy of others. We are glad to be rid of our drinking, and we are also very glad to be rid of these other things. We can now go forward in the new way of life, as shown us by A.A. Am I ready to go forward in the new life?

Meditation For The Day
“He that has eyes to see, let him see.” To the seeing eye, the world is good. Pray for a seeing eye, to see the purpose of God in everything good. Pray for enough faith to see God’s care in His dealings with you. Try to see how He has brought you safely through your past life so that now you can be of use in the world. With the eyes of faith you can see God’s care and purpose everywhere.

Prayer For The Day
I pray that I may have a seeing eye. I pray that with the eye of faith I may see God’s purpose everywhere.

(Twenty-Four Hours a Day) Hazelden Foundation 2012
Old 11-26-2012, 04:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

The AA program is about SO much more than stopping the drink. It is about generating a new way of thinking and perceiving life. It took me a long time to realize this.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Try to see how He has brought you safely through your past life so that now you can be of use in the world.
I consider myself blessed to have two lives in this lifetime. The old one - full of fear, insecurities, selfishness, negative, wasteful, unhelpful, woeful, pained...smashed down alongside the bottle, opened up to the new. The many, many promises in the book consistently reveal themselves slowly in my life, all fulfilled, if I continue to work the program. This new life (as I refer to it sometimes) has been immensely more useful than my old one. I am at peace and I am of use...something that I never would have thought before.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fernaceman View Post
The AA program is about SO much more than stopping the drink. It is about generating a new way of thinking and perceiving life. It took me a long time to realize this.
Exactly. This is why there are 12 Steps and not just 1.
It's never done... It's always being done.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 11-26-2012, 06:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by paul99 View Post
I consider myself blessed to have two lives in this lifetime.
Right on, Paul. At least 2 in my case !

All the best.

Bob R