Notices

Fun in sobriety

Old 11-25-2012, 02:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fun in sobriety

Hey all, I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. I have been so busy I haven't been positing much. It's a good busy though....I go to outpatient treatment for relapse prevention 2 nights a week and aa meetings all the other nights. On weekends I have been hitting 2 aa meetings which really is helping me at this time. I have also been hanging out with fellow aa's and this has been helping me tremendously. Last night, I had dinner and saw a movie and haven't laughed, like REALLY belly laughed like that in so long. I feel like I am finally beginning to enjoy myself and this has been a real blessing. No longer isolating, I have faith that I am headed in the right direction.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

that is awesome! having fun in sobriety has been my biggest fear...the fear that I can't have fun without drinking...glad to know it's possible! sounds like you are moving in the right direction
Old 11-25-2012, 03:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you. That's so wonderful. What are the meetings like? I have never been.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's just simply wonderful! I had a similar laughing session this weekend!
It's just so genuine and natural.

Looove your positive post!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hear you jstar...I didn't think I could have much fun either but now I see that it's even MORE fun because the activities out there are endless. Sitting home alone and drinking was a pretty crappy way of life. Last time I actually had fun when I was drinking was probably 10 years ago when I was still a "normie". @ seekingwellness- for me, aa meetings are a place filled with positive people who are happily sober. You walk in and most are laughing and talking. Every meeting I have gone to has been a welcoming and safe place. For me, face to face support is crucial in my recovery. You could always check one out and see for yourself and if you have more questions, pm me
Old 11-25-2012, 09:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Originally Posted by quitforme79 View Post
Hey all, I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. I have been so busy I haven't been positing much. It's a good busy though....I go to outpatient treatment for relapse prevention 2 nights a week and aa meetings all the other nights. On weekends I have been hitting 2 aa meetings which really is helping me at this time. I have also been hanging out with fellow aa's and this has been helping me tremendously. Last night, I had dinner and saw a movie and haven't laughed, like REALLY belly laughed like that in so long. I feel like I am finally beginning to enjoy myself and this has been a real blessing. No longer isolating, I have faith that I am headed in the right direction.
What a awesome post..

Keep going and growing, and keep living the dream and stay on the beam..

I will see you trugging the road to a happy destiny..

Good love, Inda
Old 11-25-2012, 09:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Faith is what it's all about Quit...I'm happy for you!