Getting too old

Old 11-23-2012, 09:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting too old

Just one of those nights where I am thinking too much I suppose but I am 47 and have a lot of work to do on myself still that got me to thinking I will probably be alone forever yeah stinky thinking I know but being honest.

47 then working on me I am already too old to ever start a new relationship with anyone .

Rants over thanks
Old 11-23-2012, 10:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Crazybabie, im a just turned 48 and I have days like that too! Seems to be a bit more bothersome around the holidays I noticed! Now one down 2 to go! I took myself to a alnon meeting yesterday cuz I needed it! Glad I did today was much better! My head was less foggy! ;D. My mom was married to my dad for 32 years and they seperated then divorced, she met a wonderful manand they were married 8 years ago she was in her mid 50's and he treats her like a queen and is so good to her kids and grandkids! Sooo you see it can happen and will! I will say a prayer for you and you can say one for me! switch it up a bit maybe that will speed it up.... hee hee! Do something fun, something you enjoy!? I played classic christmas music all day and cleaned and put up decorations! Totally put my mind in a good state!

Prayers and GODS Blessings!
Old 11-23-2012, 10:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

craziebabie,

Too old,huh?

I'm reaching through this computer screen right this moment
(Put that cup of coffee down!).....and delivering a 'cyberslap' to your left
cheek (I am righthanded).

My Mom found a wonderful fella in her mid 50's--and they spent 20 wonderful
years together before he passed a few years ago.

'Stinking thinking' is right.47? Geez....you are a god-damned CHILD!
"Alone forever"?.....I deliver ANOTHER cyber-slap (this time to your right cheek,
hope you didn't pick up the coffee!).

You're right.You ARE thinking too much.Do something nice for YOU like bunkie65
said.I'd turn you on to some of my single buddies...but to be honest,none of them
are cradle-robbers(they don't date kids)......lemme know when you hit 55.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bunkie65 View Post
Crazybabie, im a just turned 48 and I have days like that too! Seems to be a bit more bothersome around the holidays I noticed! Now one down 2 to go! I took myself to a alnon meeting yesterday cuz I needed it! Glad I did today was much better! My head was less foggy! ;D. My mom was married to my dad for 32 years and they seperated then divorced, she met a wonderful manand they were married 8 years ago she was in her mid 50's and he treats her like a queen and is so good to her kids and grandkids! Sooo you see it can happen and will! I will say a prayer for you and you can say one for me! switch it up a bit maybe that will speed it up.... hee hee! Do something fun, something you enjoy!? I played classic christmas music all day and cleaned and put up decorations! Totally put my mind in a good state!

Prayers and GODS Blessings!
I have a meeting in the morning Bunkie, and YES I need it that is for sure 32 years huh I have been with my AHfor 31 thanks for sharing makes me feel better after more "thinking" I have to admit I believe this was/is more about self-esteem ughhhhh.

Thanks for the prayers I need them and yes I will pray for you too.
Codie, me prays for the world every night...

The Iron Bowl comes on today and I am a big Bama fan so that will be fun lol I also think I will do something different next week for fun.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vale View Post
craziebabie,

Too old,huh?

I'm reaching through this computer screen right this moment
(Put that cup of coffee down!).....and delivering a 'cyberslap' to your left
cheek (I am righthanded).

Ouch, Vale you hit too hard and knocked 2 of my teeth out sheesh.

My Mom found a wonderful fella in her mid 50's--and they spent 20 wonderful
years together before he passed a few years ago.

'Stinking thinking' is right.47? Geez....you are a god-damned CHILD!
"Alone forever"?.....I deliver ANOTHER cyber-slap (this time to your right cheek,
hope you didn't pick up the coffee!).

Two more teeth gone now

You're right.You ARE thinking too much.Do something nice for YOU like bunkie65
said.I'd turn you on to some of my single buddies...but to be honest,none of them
are cradle-robbers(they don't date kids)......lemme know when you hit 55.
does now minus 4 teeth equal 55 yet lol

lol @ cradle robbers kinda funny you said that the guys who ask me out are in their mid and upper 30's go figure I don't rob cradles either.

I was looking at my keypad Vale and guess what I just hit 55 see it is right there in typing

just so everyone knows Vales hits are a

don't mess with Vale lol.

yeah, stinky thinking
Old 11-24-2012, 12:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

In my mid-50's, feel better on every level than ever! YOUNG!!

Don't limit yourself, age is a number. Use it as an incentive to go for the gold and improve!
Old 11-24-2012, 03:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Another old gal (62 and married a long time) piping in here...don't lower your standards just to get a fella...ever. Set the bar high, choose wisely and don't settle for anyone who doesn't treat you like the queen you are. One usually finds what one is looking for, so look in the right places too...not bars but places where you share interests like a group or a class or a hobby.

Get out there and have fun, you may discover that you don't "need" anyone to make you happy...you alone hold that key, always have.

Hugs
Old 11-24-2012, 03:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Crazybabie my grandmother in her 70's found a nice man in the lonely hearts column, they would have lovely days out etc. I don't think you're ever too old hun! Plus the older you get the wiser you get remember! I'm more scared about my picker being broken and what loser I might hook up with next! I'm worried that I will always be wondering what is up with this one. And how do you trust anyone again when you've been through the mill with one thing and or another! My 44 year old best friend is currently happily engaged to a man 17 years younger than her. He treats her with lots of respect because she's older than him. It's not my cup of tea but you never know. I'm thinking of checking out the dating sites next but getting my friends to pick one for me because my picker is so broken lol
Hugs x
Old 11-24-2012, 04:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Jeeez, I am 65 years old, live alone, no man in my life right now. I am happy & content.

Perhaps I may strumble across some old fart that doesn't drink and knows his name and address without looking at his drivers license....but...I am not holding my breath waiting.

You seem stuck on having a man...any man...happiness is an inside job, it cannot be garnered by another.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great responses and funny, too!

It cracked me up that when I turned 50, AARP started regular attempts to get me to join. I don't think of myself as ready to retire and think I am just finally finding my niche.

My neighbor, who recently turned 85, has a male companion and seems to enjoy her social life. It seems she lives her life to the fullest. As well, my mom (though she lives alone since my dad passed) has a very busy social life and does well in her late 70's.

Enjoy the Iron Bowl!
Old 11-24-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

crazybabie wrote:

((((nope,but thanks for playing))))

...now.......BACK TO THE KIDS TABLE WITH YOU!---THE GROWNUPS ARE
HAVING A DISCUSSION!!!!

BTW------------

(what's with the 9.9 ?!?.......did I forget to bribe someone?)

P.S. Rooting for Auburn,just to p*** you off!
Old 11-24-2012, 06:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Having a solid partner is a great thing, but I think I could be just as content with a female roommate or two and a couple of good dogs.....and maybe a cute handyman to make repairs to the house. Someone that looked like Ryan Gosling would be an excellent choice.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vale View Post
crazybabie wrote:

((((nope,but thanks for playing))))

...now.......BACK TO THE KIDS TABLE WITH YOU!---THE GROWNUPS ARE
HAVING A DISCUSSION!!!!

pftttttt be that way I will just ease drop lol

BTW------------

(what's with the 9.9 ?!?.......did I forget to bribe someone?)

I wasn't suppose to tell but yes you forgot to bribe Lovemenot, but you know how us kids are we talk when we are not suppose too.

P.S. Rooting for Auburn,just to p*** you off!

I love my Bama but you never know with those two teams your so sweet rooting for the underdogs is that to pi@@@@ me off or just a little codie hanging in ?

Disclaimer: I am kidding about the codie part before someone comes along and takes that serious.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:55 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

When my friend left her crack addicted husband, she was 54 and broke, now she has a wonderful new life and later added the cherry on top - a wonderful new man who adores her.

My other friend lost her husband when she was 78. On her 80th bday she went sky diving. She, too, has a wonderful new relationship with a younger man (72) and is so happy. She has always made lemonade from lemons and has always lived each day to the fullest. She was physically and emotionally abused by her step mom, her mother abandoned her when she was little, molested by a farm hand, etc, etc. She choose never to be a victim. They were the sick ones, not her, she forgave and moved forward. She is a real inspiration.

You have a full life ahead of you, enjoy it.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

tjp, I suppose your right I have never had a solid partner I read peoples stories here and how their addict was before addiction "their best friend" "we had so much fun" "good dad"

AH, and I never had a single thing in common good sex was all, just being honest idk why I stayed all those years we, were just too young 15 and 16 year olds should not be living together.

My grandma was very religious and kept ask asking me our wedding date I would give her one just to appease her and then change it one year she asked and I told her Valentines day well this, is what happened...

My grandma had the invitations printed, booked the church for that day, bought the flowers, rented the candles, and ordered and paid for the cake then she told me everything was ready that was 2 months before the wedding date I told hubby I guess we are getting married this time he said I guess so, that is how we ended up married.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by crazybabie View Post

My grandma had the invitations printed, booked the church for that day, bought the flowers, rented the candles, and ordered and paid for the cake then she told me everything was ready that was 2 months before the wedding date I told hubby I guess we are getting married this time he said I guess so, that is how we ended up married.
WOW!!! Control freak much??? :-/
That's a pretty funny story, even if a little scary!!
Old 11-24-2012, 09:25 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

Ill be 38 in two months and I used to worry about being alone for the rest of my life.. I have no kids just pets and nieces and nephews.. And as i go through this divorce at time I find myself vulnerable and it scares me because I don't want to get lonely enough to reach out to the first man that comes along and end up right back where I am now.. So I'm taking a year to work on Me, to be alone and be ok being alone, filling my life with hobbies and things that I have neglected in the last 5 years.. If I find someone again.. Great.. And if not.. Great.... I don't need a man in my life anymore .. ( no offense to the men on here )
Old 11-24-2012, 10:12 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

calling you out on this one girlfriend! I'm 55 and I'm unwilling to believe that my life as a partner is "done for". I get it that it's only going to be that way if that is what I want. Right now....I am unpartnered and get it that I am not willing to do what it takes right now to get back out there and actually be available for interactions.

As an overweight friend said a couple of months ago (she beats meat off with a stick)...."I am ALWAYS find someone to touch it" (meaning her luscious self). It's a matter of "is there anyone that I actually want at this point".

The only limits that we have are the ones that we place upon ourselves.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tjp613 View Post
WOW!!! Control freak much??? :-/
That's a pretty funny story, even if a little scary!!
tjp: I never even realized it was control on her part until you posted that no wonder I ended up being codependent seems everyone in my life has had control
I must have followed suit thinking it was "normal"

I always just thought it was because of her religious beliefs but I see now it wasn't.

I know one thing I wish I had let her waste her money lol well kinda but the other part of me just figures I was meant to take that path for some unknown reason.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:32 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I was 50 years old when I went to an Art Exhibit by a friend of mine at the
University here. Yes, wine was served but I took non alcoholic apple cider.

While strolling around there was a Gentleman that came up besides me and
starting talking. He seemed very nice and I noticed he too was drinking
alcohol. We had quite a nice conversation and went out for coffee after. He
called me 2 days later to invite me to have dinner with him.

To keep this short, he was 10 years older than me, about to retire from a
life long History Professor at the University. He had lost his wife 3 years
earlier to Cancer and he was definitely a Gentleman. We had a wonderful
relationship for almost 14 years, when he died unexpectedly from a massive
heart attack, just 2 months after a complete and I do mean complete yearly
physical had declared him fit as a 50 year old. Go figure.

It was partly because of him and his encouragement that after his demise
I still went ahead and got my Pilot's license, something I had wanted to do
since I was 18. Now I am working on my IFR so I can fly at night and in
maybe not so nice weather.

Anyway, I am firm believer that we attract to us people that match our in-
sides not our outsides. I'm 67 1/2 now, and I do go down to our Senior Citizens
center some times to play Canasta and/or Majong. I have met several nice
Gentlemen there, also living on their own and single. I have a 'dinner date'
for next Wednesday night with one of them, we'll see..............................

It does NOT matter your age. Keep working on yourself, getting comfortable
with YOU and you will be surprised what comes your way!!!!

Love and hugs,