Old 11-22-2012, 04:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Happy Thanksgiving

Twenty-Four Hours A Day
November 22, 2012

A.A. Thought For The Day

I have got rid of most of my boredom. One of the hardest things that a new member of A.A. has to understand is how he can stay sober and not be bored. Drinking was always the answer to all kinds of boring people and boring situations. But once you have taken up the interest of A.A., once you have given it your time and enthusiasm, boredom should not be a problem to you. A new life opens up before you that can be always interesting. Sobriety should give you so many new interests in life that you shouldn’t have time to be bored. Have I got rid of the fear of being bored?

Meditation For The Day

“If I have not charity, I am become as sounding brass or a tinkling cymbal.” Charity means to care enough about your fellow man to really want to do something for him. A smile, a word of encouragement, a word of love, goes winged on its way, simple enough it may seem, while the mighty words of an orator fall on deaf ears. Use up the odd moments of your day in trying to do some little thing to cheer up your fellow man. Boredom comes from thinking too much about yourself.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that my day may be brightened by some little act of charity. I pray that I may try today to overcome the self-centeredness that makes me bored.

(Twenty-Four Hours a Day) Hazelden Foundation 2012
Old 11-22-2012, 04:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Pretty awesome this morning when it took this reading to realize that I actually am not bored these days.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-22-2012, 04:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I second that Furnaceman.

And thanks for the post, Newbie. Boredom is something I have struggled with on and off....but I dont have too im coming to realize.

Because of the post about charity I shall do some special random act of kindness today. I think it is a good way to live life.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I am at a alcathon and have been cooking since 6 am. I did this for a living, but I LOVE doing it for free.....

I get to be here for good eats, and a earfull of good treats.

Thanksgiving Song Adam Sandler with clips - YouTube