Notices

David on day three.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

David on day three.

Well here I am in bed,cold then hot, determined to beat my 60mg a day oxycodone habbit I have had for a year and a half. I decided to quit cold turkey, dont know if it was the best way to do it but here I am. Im on day3 no oxy in my system, last 2nights were pure hell waking up in a pool of sweat throughout the night, day 3 took a small walk through the neighborhood, however I have no appetite. the worst part is my legs at night, my femur you know the part from your hip to your knee, those bones hurt so bad, I'm not going to lie I crawl up and moan in pain. I am only pray that this does not happen on my third night. I am absolutely determined to get through this. mind over matter mind over matter that's what I keep telling myself.
anyone out there give me a word to keep my spirits up that would be great right now thank you.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((David)) - Welcome to SR! From what I've read here, the symptoms of opiate withdrawal last about a week or two, with day 3 often the worst of it. I know several people recommend a lot of hot baths for the aches and pains.

This can be the last time you ever go through this. I think if you read around, you'll find others that have been through what you are going through and came out the other side

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-18-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have a sister who is addicted to oxycodone and has no desire to quit. Congratulations on your decision to quit! These physical withdrawals can last 5 or more days and be very intense from what I've read. I wish I had more information for you but I've never used Oxy's before. Hopefully someone else can chime in that has been through what you are experiencing. Once again, congratulations on the huge positive decision to quit, and welcome to the forum.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow. That sounds brutal my friend. You have got to figure, each day, even each minute will be better than the last. Your mind and body are returning to their proper state.
I can tell that you are determined, and I admire your will to get through this. I wish you strength. Don't look back - you can survive this and be proud of your decision!
Old 11-18-2012, 08:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can do this.

Getting through the night is the hardest part of all of this. I try to get as excited about something post 8 pm as I used to get about drinking. Netflix is a savior. Find a TV show. A book. Audiobooks are great as well with good headphones and the TV on white noise. You can do this. Replace that desire and excitement with something new.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I never used oxy, but I know for me day three was the worst for alcohol withdrawals. Hopefully tonight is a better one for you.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the great support guys and gals !
Im going to pull this off, im going to be healthy
And strong. I see myself now as this weak man who
Let a subatance take controll of him. Well Guess what
NEVER AGAIN !
Old 11-21-2012, 12:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Im on day 6 of no Oxycodone, day 5 was the break thru day where all the severe withdrawls came to an end. Im about 85% back to normal and I feel great I worked today because the flu like symptoms are hone. I really did it and im never taking a pill again.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yesterday, today and tomorrow

There are two days in every week we should not worry about, two days that should be kept free from fear and apprehension.
One is yesterday, with its mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and pains.
Yesterday has passed, forever beyond our control. All the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday. We cannot undo a single act we performed. Nor can we erase a single word we've said - yesterday is gone.
The other day we shouldn't worry about is tomorrow, with its possible adversities,
Its burdens, its large promise and poor performance.
Tomorrow is beyond our control.
Tomorrow's sun will rise either in splendour or behind a mask of clouds but it will rise. And until it does,we have no stake in tomorrow, for it is yet unborn.
This leaves only one day - today. Any person can fight the battles of just one day. It is only when we add the burdens of yesterday and tomorrow that we break down.
It is not the experience of today that drives people mad - it is the remorse of bitterness for something that happened yesterday, and the dread of what tomorrow may bring.
Let us, therefore, live one day at a time!