Notices

Lingering withdrawal please help!

Old 11-18-2012, 03:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lingering withdrawal please help!

Hi all. I'm in my forth week of sobriety and still have nausea, Fog head, headache, light sleeping. These symptoms have been the same since day one of being sober. In the past my detoxes were 3 days and I felt fine.

I know about paws but for whatever reason my addiction psychiatrist (who's top in the state) thinks I don't have real paws (given the nausea is the worst and I'v had these same symptoms since day 1 ... ie nothing new started as most paws sites say psych symptoms appear 7 to 14 days after detox).

Regardless can you help me answer some questions:

1. Sites say paws PEAKS at 3 to 6 months. What does this mean? My symptoms aren't getting worse just lingering.

2. Sites say this could last 2 years! Is this really true. My doc said 2 months max for this to end.

FYI I was sober for three years and drank about 6 to 10 beers a day (spread out so my bac rarely surpassed .08 - I have a breathalyzer) over the past 2 years.

Insights would be really helpful. Thank you for your quick replies.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

Congratulations on 4 weeks sober!

If you have medical questions, it might be a good idea to talk to your family dr, rather than the psychiatrist. You might be able to get some more information and, if you're feeling sick, please make sure you get checked out.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You where sober 3 years but drank. Sorry I'm french so maybe I missunderstood.

I did a month and I still felt fogged. I would think you have to either give it more time or see your doctor, or change doctors?
Old 11-18-2012, 04:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would look at seeing a family doctor as Anna has suggested, maybe its something physical rather than psychological, the symptoms sure sound physical. Anyhow, great job on your sobriety, it takes commitment and courage. Keep posting here with us!