Notices

plz help scared

Old 11-14-2012, 03:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

plz help scared

Hi, Im new to posting but I have been a guest for the last three months. I have found this forum to be very supportive and amazing in my recovery. I read posts nightly, and have gotten alot strength from seeing there are others going through exactly what I am going through.

I just finished seeing my doctor, I am on MMT and on 65mg. He will not taper me completly from methadone but will on suboxon which I will be making that change in Janurary when I can get a week off work. The doctor says this is needed. I have read that some other members have been tapered 8mg at a time. My doctor wants to first say i hit 70mg put me down to 50mg then 30mg thenover three or four weeks then withdrawl long enough to start suboxone. I'm not asking for medical advice I'm just curious if anyone else has done it something like this and how did it go as I am very scared. I have managed not to use my DOC at all and have been trying to stay on the lowest dose possible. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome

I moved your thread to the right forum.

I think in the end we have to trust our Doctor - if you don't you might want to think about your options for getting a second, professional, opinion?

I have no personal experience to share but perhaps others will

D
Old 11-14-2012, 09:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello scaredmmt. Congratulations helping yourself to get away from addictive opiates.
Your on MMT. Your doctor is weaning you down in a period of 2 months, then wants to start you on subs. Did I read that correctly. 70mgs to 50 to 30mgs then withdraw long enough to get on suboxone treatment. I am personally interested. This may be something you can accomplish. You seem determined. You alone will be the judge of that. I do have experience with suboxone treatment and tapering. The best to you. Talk soon again
Old 11-15-2012, 04:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hi ollie909
yes he wants to wean me in a 3-4 week period, I'm definitly determined as I got in the program to get better and taper down to nothing. i thought this was to happen on the methadone. The docotor said better on the suboxone less rate of relapsing. He said might as well do it quicker before I get too many take homes of methadone, I get one day so far. I just don't know how sick I'll get since sometimes he has to raise my dosage 5mg cuz of bad leg cramping or if I miss my dose by three hours due to work schedual then again the leg cramping and feeling like my joints are being ripped out of set on fire. Did you go from methadone to subs and can u tell me how you are doing on subs?