New beginnings

Old 11-11-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New beginnings

HI everyone,

I haven't been around for awhile. I thought when I divorced my AH that I did not think I needed to be here anymore. Six months later I was confronted with more bad news about my exah. It hurt me.

I am back to say that life has finally proven to move forward. The past year has met many difficulties. I thought I was going to lose my job and didn't. I learned to accept the grace that other ppl offer which not only helped me to keep my job but to regain my former place as "the example" for future employees. I regained favor and restoration as exemplorary employee.

As part of my recovery early this year I recognized the need to accept guidance of my higher power. It came in the usual means for me but not as others would have it. I am here to witness to the guidance of a higher power and to promote the concept of recovery for family members.

I found new support that saved my job and attitude. I found my way back to me and discovered a world where I have not only restored my previous accomplishments but have experienced opportunity to return to my heart's desire. That is why I have posted tonight. I want other family members to hear that there is a future that is greater than you think. That regaining the essence of who you are/were IS a possibility and more than that....

I have only gratitude at this point in my life. I have a full life of dedication to what is important to me. I never saw this possiblity coming my way and I am here to tell anyone that is in a bad place right now that your life can be better.

Many know I was here for many years to gather support for my own learning of the illness of alcoholism/addiction and recovery. Until recently I could not appreciate what recovery is. I can only encourage others to find their way through the madness to a place where life is good and rewarding again.

Perhaps everyone has a different journey and I am posting tonight to celebrate the full circle of my own journey and recovery at this point.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back Kassie. Thanks for sharing such a happy post!
Old 11-12-2012, 08:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Iceberg Ahead!

Thanks for sharing your experience, strength & hope!