Notices

You wanna smoke?

Old 11-11-2012, 02:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

You wanna smoke?

Irritable today. Just life on life's terms. I tell husband I am just irritable. He asked me if I wanted a hit of weed. I said you are effing unbelievable. He said what!? I said I am sober from all mind altering substances. He said oh, we'll look at your uncle. I said I'm not him. And if he wants to use drugs, that's his choice. I don't call that sober and I am certainly not exchanging one addiction for another.

I'd like to say I'm shocked, but I'm not. But I am sober, and I plan to attend a meeting in 2 hours. Start of week 7 tomorrow! Yay!
Old 11-11-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you FallingTogether! You said no! There are a lot of addicts who would have a much harder time saying no. I'm a little concerned for you however, I feel like it is tough to keep your own sobriety when you're living with someone in active addiction.

Good for you for staying sober despite your difficult circumstances. And on your 7 weeks!

You're an inspiration!
Old 11-11-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Fenway. Weed doesn't do anything for me. I don't like it. It's not hard for me to say no to it. I have never done any other drugs either, so my drug of choice is always alcohol. Ill be alright just needed to vent! Thanks again
Old 11-11-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with everything Fenway said! You handled that situation beautifully!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

i agree off all drugs is the wiser. once you start something.....you may just have another money sucking,time consuming problem on your hands. my ah said the same thing sorta....maybe he should smoke weed instead of drink (this was awhile back) and i firmly said no then he pointed out that my father does....well guess thats his business if he does...i dotn want it in my life or with the man i choose to put in my life.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fallingtogether View Post
Thanks Fenway. Weed doesn't do anything for me. I don't like it. It's not hard for me to say no to it. I have never done any other drugs either, so my drug of choice is always alcohol. Ill be alright just needed to vent! Thanks again
Understandable and that's good.

I like alcohol the best but I liked weed too and pretty much anything that altered my mental status.

It's great you aren't tempted by drugs but my only concern is that the stress of being with an addict may be too much in early sobriety. I only say this because I have direct experience with it.

But I also simply didn't handle the situation right. I used his behavior as an excuse to justify mine. Clearly you are not doing that. Just be sure you keep it that way. Put YOU first. If you need to get away for a few weeks do it.

Sometimes you have to be "selfish". Especially when your sobriety is at sake. Just make sure you take care of yourself. Let him take care of himself. But I don't really think you should think of it as selfish (it's my own codependency talking) you should really see it as doing what you need to do to stay sober1
Old 11-11-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You sound so strong Falling. Reading your post gives me hope. I am at 4 weeks on monday and I feel funky. Depressed , worried, sometimes I am impressed. I never thought I would get this far. 7 weeks and you sound sure of yourself.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Escapist, they say you can't get the rainbow without the rain.... One day at a time. We can do this!