Notices

Struggling with depression and cravings

Old 11-09-2012, 05:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggling with depression and cravings

Hello all. I have been sober for 5 and a half months. Was feeling good last month, but for the past two weeks I have been having the worst depression. Then the cravings start and i really do not want to use. I just fight the cravings off or ignore them. I am worried this depression wont go away. I got it before about two months ago, but it would come in waves back then. Now it seems to be constant and wont let up. I couldnt sleep last night because i was in panic mode. I heard suboxone withdrawal was rough, but i did not expect it to be this rough. Thanks anyone for listening.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that you're struggling now and I know how miserable depression feels. If it keeps up, you might want to talk to your dr and see what he thinks.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks anna. Yeah i quit seeing my shrink too expensive. I am just going to keep pushing through this. I just worry that one time im going to feel so bad that I make a phone call to get some stuff. Then i will really be depressed. Thats what i tell myself.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Saved By Grace

I know how you feel and empathize entirely. I remember last time I quit suboxone the WD's weren't as harsh but they did last a while and it took at least 4 days for me to feel decent. Just remember that 5 months is a huge encouragement and the way you are feeling right now is not how you will be feeling 1 week from now. You are getting off suboxone and it is a change, and you will look back and realize possibly how much it helped you stay positive and not be depressed. But if you exercise, eat well, and and other things you can get the same benefits subs have given you. Be gentle with yourself, things usually get worse before they get better, and whatever you do, don't use because that will REALLY make you feel depressed! You have accomplished so much don't give up!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Life can be a roller coaster, with it's ups and downs, for everyone. When you're down, you think you'll never be up again-but that's not true. Things WILL change!! going back to the drink will worsen it all. I agree with exercise and 5-htp. Good luck and stay strong