Notices

New and worried!

Old 11-08-2012, 01:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New and worried!

I am terribly worried about something which is 70 percent of the reason i havent quit drinking till now!

Briefly im in my 30's and have been a heavy drinker for about 6 years, i probably give or take drink about 2 litres of Rye every 3 to 4 days 7 days a week. somedays i have more or less, sometimes i have beer aswell or wine. Anyhow i haven't had a drink in 48 hours which i know sounds like no big deal...

But in 6 years i have NEVER gone more then the time it took me to sleep off a drunken stoop before i drank again ( 4 maybe 5 hours) and i am terrified of withdrawl! I am a tough cookie, i can take headaches or throwing up and anything like that, but im terrified im going to have a seizure or something worse, i have heard withdrawl can be deadly!

I wont go in and get drugs for withdrawl to me that is adding a different problem to solve another, i cant really see myself going in to a centre of any kind either as my family (hub,children) do not realize the extent of my addiction, im just the girl who likes to have a few, not the girl who hides boose all over the place and 90 percent of the day is drunk.

did anyone else experience life threatning withdrawl?? im so worried its what has kept from quitting..i make it to the end of day 2 and day 3 i start again out of fear, and addiction of course.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Twisted

Just stopping can be dangerous but it is impossible to predict who will be okay and who won't. Can you go and see a doctor? That is what I did and he just gave me the okay. It sure took away the fear and worry x
Old 11-08-2012, 01:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Withdrawls from alcohol can be dangerous and unpredictable. I know there are people here who have experienced seizures from withdrawls. I surely hope you talk to your dr before you do this.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Talk to a doctor with drawl from alcohol can be be fatal and be honest with those close to you. You will need their support
Old 11-08-2012, 02:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome

I had a very bad last detox twisted.
*Nothing* is more important than your health and well being.

See a Dr - just to be safe.

D
Old 11-09-2012, 12:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well i couldnt goto docs cause my fam might find out!!! i had heacaches major and dizzy spells and a blackout this morning so im drimnking again, i guess im weak!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Your family must have some idea you have a problem, you just may not realise it. If not, now is the time to be honest, your life depends on it.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Twister

I suffered a series of mini strokes in my last detox....I'll have to carry that legacy with me for good now.

But...I was lucky....had I kept drinking I'm sure I'd be dead by now.

The choice between bad detox and continuing drinking is no choice at all - for you or your loved ones.

Put your pride to one side, swallow your fear, and get some help.
See a Doctor.

D
Old 11-09-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
Well i couldnt goto docs cause my fam might find out!!! i had heacaches major and dizzy spells and a blackout this morning so im drimnking again, i guess im weak!
I see your family will find out you were alcoholic after you die. Somehow this seems like your thinking is just a bit warped
Old 11-09-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You're not weak Twisted but you do need help. Have you ever tried to get help for your drinking before? It may be a good idea to be honest with your husband so that you can start to get better. You don't want to have to hide your recovery too. I understand how you feel, I would have done anything to hide my problem, but sooner or later you will need to address it. Admitting it to another person is sometimes the first step to getting better. I kept telling people til I felt comfortable with it, first my doctor, then a counsellor, my sister, a friend... people here... then I quit. Maybe practise on someone completely out of your family and friends and call AA or a drinking helpline. I know that for me saying it out loud to people took me closer to finally quitting x
Old 11-09-2012, 02:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Member of SMART Recovery

Withdrawal can be deadly to your body. Living a lie is deadly to your mind.

But there is no need for either fate. See a doctor, and tell your family the truth about your addiction.