7 months after...no contact

Old 11-06-2012, 01:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

7 months after...no contact

its been while since i posted, but i continue to read posts from the sidelines.

i can say that i am much stronger from when my xabf broke up with me to be with his friend (a recovering coke addict and still an alcoholic with a son that smokes weed everyday) whom i guess now is his gf.

ive been cracking my brains (in solitude) trying to make sense what this broad can do that i cant, after all, i live a healthy lifestyle, i dont do drugs, i dont smoke (cigarettes or weed), i drink ocassionally to have fun but never sh*tfaced, i am financially independent, im religious (but far from being holier than thou), im a music lover, i love art (movies esp)...id like to think i am the total package (not to speak highly of myself)...he used to tell me, that he chose me over this broad because of the things that i have mentioned, whereas this broad drinks and get wasted, used to be a cokehead, has a son that doesnt like him and an addict himself...but why is he now with her???

ive read here many times over than an ADDICT will protect one thing and one thing only...his addiction...it would be easier with him to be with this girl because after all, she knows what he is going thru...she has been there, done that...and besideds he would tell me before that she would always tell him, that he is doing his "addiction" the wrong way, using coke to numb himself instead of using "coke" to have fun...that's what they have in common...the drug addiction. most of the significant others of the As (that ive read from here) were smart people (have degrees, some have masters and most professionals) but the As would always trade them with someone who has not even finished high school, not good looking, potheads/cokeheads/alcoholics/felons...they attract the same kind of people.

i always thought that my A was the greatest person i have ever met, being that we share 7 out of 10 of the most interesting hobbies but the 3 that i dont share with him (alcohol, wild sex and drugs) are the 3 that he shares with this broad...who cares about tennis? about movies? about books? about family...what's important to him is his addiction.

here and there, i would miss him, the fun times we shared together...but since he thinks that he is in a better world now...when no one will make him stop doing what everyone thinks is bad for him, when she can join him in the fun of drinking and addiction...i guess to his mind he found heaven.

i am still working on me and praying for everyone who has their lives troubled by an A...for surely no one deserves the pain and hell the As had caused.

this community had helped me tremendously for the last 7 months...thanks for everyone that shared their experiences, their 2 cents worth...i do get my strength from knowing that i am not alone....that there are other like me in the same situation trying to love and understand the As in our lives.

hugs and peace to everyone...i would not have made it to 7tn without you guys!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
rsk

Thank you MrsBrownie!