there is a codie born every minute....

Old 11-06-2012, 06:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry there is a codie born every minute....

..........And a charming alcholic ready to work his "magic" Broke NC with
axb to do final exchange of clothes, etc. We had a heartfelt chat about the
whole trainwreck of our time together but was touched that he had been sober for a week. He mentioned wanting to begin taking a medication called antabuse, went on and on about how it would be his magic bullet and if he drank on it he would become very sick. Little miss codie 2012 took the bait like a starving guppie. < SIGH> He has no money or insurance. SO took him to the doctor, paid for his perscription with his word of honor I would get paid bck as soon as the first paycheck came in. By pure chance a day or so later I got a call from his mom just to see how I was and the aforementioned subject came up. She was more than happy to inform me his Dad had financed his Dr. visit and prescription money just last week!!!! I truely hope he is successful wether on my $ or Dad's but I would LOVE to have been a fly on the wall when the Poo hit the fan on that little con job. Eh he probably just called me a lying wh***, but this time this "lying wh*** " has a paper trail.He is king of all Parasites. Ya know, I learned something today..........

Last edited by freeatlast1313; 11-06-2012 at 06:05 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-06-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So sorry. That really sucks.

If if makes you feel any better, I could see myself doing the same thing.

Take good care of yourself...and don't beat yourself up too badly...we're all merely human beings.

Good Roads,
Chick
Old 11-06-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That must have been so fustrating to hear that just a week before his parents had given him money for the exact same thing you just paid for out of pocket. At this point all you can do is make this a lesson learned and to make sure not to take the bait next time (much easier said than done).

It is always a huge disapointment when our kindness is abused like this. I have been in similar situations before, and know how crummy it feels.

Keep focusing on YOU and keep moving forward. At the end of the day all we can do is focus on ourselves.

hugs

Maylie
Old 11-06-2012, 03:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

" Ya know, I learned something today."

And, try not to forget it, he is an addict, he is doing what addicts do, lie and manipulate. They are all the same, in the throws of active usuage, there are no excpetions, none.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Knowledge is power.

Sometimes there is an out of pocket expense we have to pay for these life learning lessons.

Hope you can see it as money well spent, and go forward with your life.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

thats an addict for you....i couldnt tell you how many times i had to remind myself of that everytime something came out of my ah's mouth.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My Mom would call this an AFGE - another f'in growth experience. Not fun, but necessary.

Stay strong,
~T
Old 11-07-2012, 09:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I guess it is too much to hope for that his parents would reimburse you for your hard earned money.....?

Being me I would ask them, he's their hot mess.

in any event, i'm a firm believer in Karma too
Old 11-07-2012, 10:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi freeatlast1313,

I'm so sorry to hear that and I am so sad to say that I've been there too. About a year and a half ago, when my XABF and I were having one of our "off" broken up moments, he texted me one night very passionately and told me if I loved him to respond and he had to see me right away. So I did...He came over, pushed me to sleep with him, even woke up and made lots of promises to change, then I didn't hear from him again...I felt so used. He came back, we even agreed that we were back together, he said I love you, he was so happy, and bam he was gone. Eventually he came back and I fell for the words AGAIN. This time, it lasted a long time. We were together for a year and a half till he relapsed and lied about it and continued to lie. Then, two weeks ago, I decided I had enough of being a fool and I told him to pack his things and hit the road.

Everyday, I fear that he will pull a similar stunt again and what if I fall for it again?? It scares me how manipulative they are. How they can do suck sick sick things to get what they want and then leave without any remorse for how they have hurt us so terribly...It makes me so sad and so nervous that still to this day, I think about him everyday. After everything, I still sit here caring about him.

Hang in there. Someone told me, we can't control them, we can't make them be honest, but we have the choice to not lend them money. I had to learn this the hard way too...almost three thousand dollar lesson =/ Hang in there!
Old 11-07-2012, 03:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
I guess it is too much to hope for that his parents would reimburse you for your hard earned money.....?

Being me I would ask them, he's their hot mess.

in any event, i'm a firm believer in Karma too
His parents (sweetest, but worst codie/enablers EVER) If he gets tosssed in jail they bail him out, they pay his child support, buy his food all because axbf "delicate condtion does not allow him to work" I thank HP every day they are involved in their graddaughters life .......BUT, and it is a big one, They keep saving him, bailing him out, paying his way and on and on and on. After a really good binge-fest his mom even goes and cleans the condo for him, and trust me it is beyond foul.
Short story long, I would NEVER ask these obviously codie/dysfunctional scared people for one cent. My heart aches for the, I pray the will realize they are helping to kill their 39 year old drunken toddler of a son.

PS
He just got back from 28 day rehab on their dollar and managed to stay sober for 3 days. This was my fault because he asked to move in with me and i respectfully declined.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mdkathy62 View Post
Hi freeatlast1313,

I'm so sorry to hear that and I am so sad to say that I've been there too. About a year and a half ago, when my XABF and I were having one of our "off" broken up moments, he texted me one night very passionately and told me if I loved him to respond and he had to see me right away. So I did...He came over, pushed me to sleep with him, even woke up and made lots of promises to change, then I didn't hear from him again...I felt so used. He came back, we even agreed that we were back together, he said I love you, he was so happy, and bam he was gone. Eventually he came back and I fell for the words AGAIN. This time, it lasted a long time. We were together for a year and a half till he relapsed and lied about it and continued to lie. Then, two weeks ago, I decided I had enough of being a fool and I told him to pack his things and hit the road.

Everyday, I fear that he will pull a similar stunt again and what if I fall for it again?? It scares me how manipulative they are. How they can do suck sick sick things to get what they want and then leave without any remorse for how they have hurt us so terribly...It makes me so sad and so nervous that still to this day, I think about him everyday. After everything, I still sit here caring about him.

Hang in there. Someone told me, we can't control them, we can't make them be honest, but we have the choice to not lend them money. I had to learn this the hard way too...almost three thousand dollar lesson =/ Hang in there!
So sorry mdkathy,

The world is full of them, I just need to get the magnate I am wearing off of me and LEARN TO not IGNORE RED FLAGS.
big hugs,
Free